Here they are:
- Focus - I found focusing extremely hard with this camera kit lens (Nikon D7000), since the manual focus ring is very loose. I used the widest aperture, so dof is out of the equation I guess.
- Any tips for this situation?
- Are the stars from the ooc jpeg below suffering from bad focus, star trailing, bad lens, or all of them?
- Exposure - When trying to follow the 500 rule, I understood that I’m left with ISO to set the correct exposure.
- Does it make any sense trying to tweak ISO for the best exposure, or should I stick with fixed values like 3200, no matter what the result looks like to my taste?
- If I should tweak ISO, what kind of histogram should I aim for? A centered one? Below the same image as above and its histogram.
- Noise reduction - I used both High ISO noise reduction and Long exposure noise reduction. The latter seems to do dark frame subtraction, since the mirror goes down and the camera waits the same amount of time as the shutter speed setting, before it finishes the picture.
- Should I disable both, since these settings only apply to the ooc jpeg?
- Is camera dark frame subtraction better than manually doing it in post? In other words, is it better to stack ooc jpegs, provided dark frame subtraction is turned on?
EDIT: Image taken one hour before sunrise.