Sony A7 II (ILCE-7M2) colors wrong after opening (invalid)

When I open a folder with Raw Therapee I see all the thumbs with the light and colours that I see in the monitor of the camera. When I open a ARW (Sony) file it changes and the software destroy my settings. I would make corrections not RETAKE the shoot. Ho can I find the basic profile? It shouldn’t be a profyle system. I should leave the raw as they are from the camera!!

[quote=“cyberneticart, post:1, topic:2349”]
I should leave the raw as they are from the camera!!
[/quote]These thumbnails are not the raws ‘as they are’ the are the cameras proprietary interoperation of the raw data.
Different software will give you a different interpretation of that data.

1. You will discover that “I should leave the raw as they are from the camera!!” makes no sense as you learn what raw is.
  2. Update your version of RawTherapee. I have the same camera as you, and the raw files open correctly, so its very likely that updating will “fix” your problem.
  3. If after updating you still have issues, post a screenshot of the problem, a link to the raw file, and the version of RawTherapee you’re using. Instructions for these things are here How to write useful bug reports - RawPedia

I know what is Raw. I need to start from a picture without changes, after that I want start to do the changes. For example if the camera light is perfect and the WB is cloudy, and I want to set it as sunny, I would need only to do that change. But I have to remake all the job by hand. Lumix is at 100%, exposure sometimes is at -14, sometimes at +50. I would like a preset that preserve ALL camera settings and leave me free to add changes. Thanks.

http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/The_Image_Editor_Tab#Eek.21_My_Raw_Photo_Looks_Different_than_the_Camera_JPEG

Thanks to all for try to read my bad English. This issue is old and I tryed to write about it before without results. If you see the screen of my RawTherapee you notice that there is a filter that I created. The filter is named: base_no_settings. Everything is posed to zero. The light too!!! I go in the RawTherapee settings. I tell it to get the “base_no_settings” filter at the opening pic. I open a pic, the RowTherapee opens correctly the “base_no_settings” filter … but with it PRIVATE settings. Expecially the light (at 100%!!!). And the pic became overlighed.
I am sorry for my explanation. Probably it could be a ROOT bug I don’t know.
The pic, in queue, is right setted because I make the first setting and, after the function “copy”, I paste it in the pics line at the top.

@cyberneticart

1. Click “Neutrale”
  2. Save the PP3 as “base_no_settings” (Creating processing profiles for general use - RawPedia)

Also include base_no_settings.pp3

1 Like