Stage lighting at local concert

Nothing much to say :slight_smile: I’m just curious how would others treat this kind of photo :slight_smile:

XH1F4774.RAF (16.9 MB)

This file is licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.

3 Likes

Not having been there I’m not sure at all what colour(s) the lights actually had. Here’s my take:

darktable 4.4.2 XH1F4774.RAF.xmp (11.5 KB)

And a B&W version:

XH1F4774.RAF.xmp (16.6 KB)

10 Likes

_XH1F4774.RAF.xmp (12.3 KB)

3 Likes

Thanks for the play :slight_smile: Here is my practising-vkdt-attempt:

XH1F4774.RAF.cfg (3.4 KB)

Your X-H1 looks good at ISO2000!

8 Likes

Thanks for posting
darktable 4.4.2

XH1F4774_02.RAF.xmp (14.5 KB)

3 Likes

My version…

XH1F4774.RAF.xmp (17.9 KB)

5 Likes

Heh. I am liking everyones’ versions. Since the lighting is so artificial, everything looks good.

2 Likes

Well, yeah, I must admit it was my intention not to tell you about the lighting - I was wandering where is the threshold when the viewers say: “I don’t like it, the colours are bad” and how other photographers perceive the scene, how they find colours looking good / bad, and when they fix them :slight_smile:

I seek how far I can go with my edits (I’m still comparing output given by Sigmoid & Basecurve - in photos like that they can differ dramatically).

The main light was indeed quite warm and to be honest, after editing 100 pictures I found that… turning off Colour Calibration and setting good old White balance to “Incandescent” gives the most pleasing look for me :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

And finally, I decided to give Fujifilm X RAW Studio a try and was suprised how much I liked “Acros + R” film simulation.

Thank you so much for your (present and perhaps future) edits!

6 Likes

3 Likes

Rawtherapee 5.8 + Gimp 2.10.30

3 Likes

XH1F4774.RAF.xmp (14.4 KB)

3 Likes

My Version…

XH1F4774.RAF.xmp (15.2 KB)

4 Likes

Thanks for the image. My attempt using DT4.4.2

XH1F4774.RAF.xmp (15.8 KB)

2 Likes

My take. I’m going with the “as shot” white balance.

dt 4.4.2

XH1F4774.RAF.xmp (6.3 KB)

3 Likes

Retro look

dt 4.4.2
Somehow I lost the xmp but edit history should be in the jpg

3 Likes

:star_struck:

I like to think about it as the last, most mature and refined Fujifilm camera with the X-Trans III sensor - they had plenty of time and feedback since its launching in X-Pro 2 & X-T2 :grin:

Although all the edits are nice and educational, this one struck me - it’s something different, pleasant to my eye and I never achieve (or try to achieve) that faded look. I like it!

Did you create the used LUT (autochrome-3-…-srgb.cube) yourself or is that one (freely?) available on-line?

XH1F4774.RAF.xmp (10.2 KB)

Version 2:

XH1F4774.RAF.xmp (12.4 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks, I figured a number of the other edits were good in a faithful way so I might as well bring something different to the table.

Created myself, but almost never use any more as I prefer playing with the other modules. It’s just part of a style I apply which is why it’s there. Can share it if you like.