star rating filter settings are not applied on lighttable

Hi everybody - I am having some strange issues with the star rating filter on the lightroom module in darktable.

If I select e.g. 5 stars I expect that only the pictures with 5 star ratings are displated in lightroom. But independently of what I select, all pictures of the film roll are displayed.

To test this I imported a film roll with 8 pictures with default 1-star rating. Then I rated the first three pictures with 5 stars. Right klick on the star rating does not provide the numbers of pictures in brackets. Selecting the 5 stars filter does not lead to any change - all 8 pictures are still displayed.

I also tried other filter criteria. I changed to the darktable module and when I came back to lighttable suddenly the numbers in brackets were display but are not correct (there is no declined picture, I declined one previously but reversed that action) and the filter settings were still not applied.

I never had problems with the previous darktable version. Am I missing any important change on how the filter settings is intended to work?

I tried various folders, I uninstalled and reinstalled the software, consulted the documentation but nothing helped.

I am very thankful for any help because I really need this feature.
Does anybody experience simliar issues?

Thanks a lot!

Moinchen, @Monika211287 and welcome!

a) Version of darktable?
b) Operating system?

MfG
Claes in Lund, Schweden

Also could we see a screenshot of the collection filters module, as it has controls you can’t see in the top bar (and/or).

Thanks for the quick response. Its Darktable 4.0.0 and Windows 11.

Thanks to your comments I think I just understood how it works. I noticed that on the duplicate of the filter settings on the left side I could change the text search from “or” to “and” connection and then it works. Only using the pinned filters on the top (which I thought were basically the same) I didn’t realize there is an “or” connection to the text filter as well (only noticed the “and/or” connection to the color filter.

So glad I finally can use it now.

2 Likes