StarNet Star Removal Error Message

Just downloaded 1.2.0 beta 2 and ran through my workflow and saved my processed image as a TIFF. I then opened the saved image and when I attempted to use StarNet star removal in the Star Processing function in Image Processing I get the following error message. No valid StarNet executable found in the configured StarNet installation directory. This is my first try at using the StarNet feature. Have I missed something?

Open the preferences and choose the location of the starnet CLI program.

1 Like

Oh, so I have to download the StarNet program and install it? I guess you can tell that I am a total novice when it comes to image processing.

In that case I suggest you to read documentation or tutorial (or better, both) before.

Not much help with you. We’re supposed to be welcoming and helpful not passive insulting. Sad.

Who is insulting??

Pointing new users to documentation they may not have seen, and which directly answers the exact question they’ve asked, isn’t insulting. A lot of effort goes into producing the documentation, sometimes as much as writing a feature. It’s linked directly from the burger menu within the application as well as prominently from the website. If you read the documentation you will get a detailed, well written explanation of how features work, for basically every feature in the software. It’s what it’s there for.

Sometimes the documentation might not answer a user’s question, or despite best efforts the explanation might not be clear to the reader, in which case by all means we’re happy to explain further. But if people haven’t noticed or read the documentation first, pointing them to it is not meant as an insult - it’s because that’s where the answer to their question is.

2 Likes