Starnet++ using and installation

hello, im trying to run the starnet++ in siril. Sadly all i got are errors… anyone can help me with that?

d:\siril-scripts\StarNetv2CLI_Win>autoStarnetFITS.py test_00001.fit
Starting PySiril
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “D:\siril-scripts\StarNetv2CLI_Win\autoStarnetFITS.py”, line 176, in
Run(*sys.argv[1:])
File “D:\siril-scripts\StarNetv2CLI_Win\autoStarnetFITS.py”, line 17, in Run
app = Siril()
File “C:\Users\petr\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\pysiril-0.0.12-py3.10.egg\pysiril\siril.py”, line 120, in init
self.tr.displayraw("\n")
AttributeError: ‘trace’ object has no attribute ‘displayraw’. Did you mean: ‘display’?

• have installed all things needed, latest releases. pysiril, astropy, pillow, and command line tool from starnet. Also the script is in the directory same as exe.

Any thoughts?

1 Like

I think i’ve seen that before. You’re on Windows right?

If yes, try:
pip install pypiwin32

And run your script again

Cheers,

C.

sadly, same story…

D:\siril-scripts\StarNetv2CLI_Win>pip install pypiwin32
Requirement already satisfied: pypiwin32 in c:\users\petr\appdata\local\programs\python\python310\lib\site-packages\pypiwin32-223-py3.10.egg (223)
Requirement already satisfied: pywin32>=223 in c:\users\petr\appdata\local\programs\python\python310\lib\site-packages\pywin32-304-py3.10-win-amd64.egg (from pypiwin32) (304)

D:\siril-scripts\StarNetv2CLI_Win>autoStarnetFITS.py test_00001.fit
Starting PySiril
File “D:\siril-scripts\StarNetv2CLI_Win\autoStarnetFITS.py”, line 176, in
Run(*sys.argv[1:])
File “D:\siril-scripts\StarNetv2CLI_Win\autoStarnetFITS.py”, line 17, in Run
app = Siril()
File “C:\Users\petr\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\pysiril-0.0.12-py3.10.egg\pysiril\siril.py”, line 120, in init
self.tr.displayraw("\n")
AttributeError: ‘trace’ object has no attribute ‘displayraw’. Did you mean: ‘display’?

D:\siril-scripts\StarNetv2CLI_Win>

okay, then it may be the other one… never quite figured out the difference between these 2 packages to use pipes with win32.

So could try with:
pip install pywin32==228

No need to launch pysiril
Just open a cmd, type:
python
import win32pipe

If it fails, then we’ll need to continue searching, otherwise, you’re good to go

C.

First of all, thank you for trying to help me, im python-virgin :wink:

d:\siril-scripts\StarNetv2CLI_Win>pip install pywin32==228
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pywin32==228 (from versions: 302, 303, 304)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for pywin32==228

d:\siril-scripts\StarNetv2CLI_Win>python
Python 3.10.7 (tags/v3.10.7:6cc6b13, Sep 5 2022, 14:08:36) [MSC v.1933 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32
Type “help”, “copyright”, “credits” or “license” for more information.

import win32pipe
File “”, line 1, in
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘win32pipe’

import win32pipe
File stdin, line 1, in module
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘win32pipe’

And with just:
pip install pywin32
?

d:\siril-scripts\StarNetv2CLI_Win>pip install pywin32==228
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pywin32==228 (from versions: 302, 303, 304)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for pywin32==228

d:\siril-scripts\StarNetv2CLI_Win>pip install pywin32
Requirement already satisfied: pywin32 in c:\users\petr\appdata\local\programs\python\python310\lib\site-packages\pywin32-304-py3.10-win-amd64.egg (304)

I meant without ==228

Just wondering if the root cause of all your problems could be linked to the fact that python is installed in %localappdata%. I think I’ve had troubles in the past setting up correctly the paths with such setup. Is it a fresh (and unique) install of python? If yes, just uninstall and reinstall using Custom installation. Install for all users or and also check add python to PATH, see 4. Using Python on Windows — Python 3.10.7 documentation (bottom of 4.1.1)