Street Photography. Wide Open. All The Time.

@martbetz asked me when I posted my last video to go into the how and the why I shoot street photography wide open basically all of the damn time.

I was happy to oblige.

4 Likes

Amazing! Thanks, Radu; I’ll be giving that my full attention first chance I get this evening. :+1:

1 Like

I couldn’t wait – just watched it. Yet another great video, and thanks yet again for another mention! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m absolutely inspired, now, to give wide open a go (if the rain ever stops, here; it’s been one of the wettest summers so far that I can remember). Great images, by the way!

As I said previously, I’ve always ducked away from wide open shooting in favour of the ease and speed of zone focusing; like yourself, though, I’m a big fan of vintage lenses and always thought it a shame that I shoot them stopped down all the time.

Great work! I’ve made myself a promise to have some fun shooting wide open this weekend. Also, nice to know I’m not the only one who’s working on their composition skills. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Mike Johnson of “the Online Photographer” posted an article on bokeh in 2009 that I found interesting. It seemed, at the time, to open a whole can of worms.

It’s only been within the past several years that I’ve read through Nikon’s “Thousand and One Nights” series to learn about the companies optical design philosophy around out of focus rendition. It’s an area of implementation that can help differentiate one lens from another.

This is a good, lengthy topic that might require more than a beer or two.

Keep up the great work!

3 Likes

@anon71831483: Put a modest post up on my website — it doesn’t get much traffic, but I always like to promote great content whenever I can.

1 Like

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Thanks for the links, they both look like a great read!

1 Like

I hope you’ll find them as interesting as I did.

Very interesting indeed, @ChristopherPerez. That “Thousand and One Nights” series of articles is also a goldmine of reference material. Good find, and thanks for sharing! :+1:

1 Like