Style transfer soon in G'MIC

ref: Tulips - Openclipart

OK; this time I applied the original as a Hue layer (adjusted opacity) to get a better color match. Of course I did some other details enhancing steps too. :slight_smile:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/34520999@N05/46632044192/sizes/o/

4 Likes

Love to try out this filter David but nothing is happening for me exept 10 minutes running then a black canvas. No error messages either.
I haven’t tried on anything larger than 1000 x 1000 and also same thing happens on small images. only hting I have changed in the settings is the style.
What could I be doing wrong?

ps last time I tried I had as preview mode to see all outputs. First was a black canvas then it showed a little colour occasionally but finished up all black.

What version of GIMP ? G’MIC ? OS ? Color mode (8bits, 16bits, 32bits ?)
Did you try with a custom style, or a pre-defined one ?

Sorry.
OS is Windows 64bit 10 Home
GMIC 2.4.2 came with 2.10.8 and I just refreshed it too.
I tried on predefined ones. I originally tried with custom but kept on tell me I need at least two layers even when I had two or three.
Also I did not hear my CPU running even though it was showing it was doing sominthing
Oh I didn’t check the color mode but they were PD pictures I have used over and over again in gimp and gmic. Color space was RGB in all three

I don’t know what happened for you.
Maybe you can try to re-install the latest prerelease version I’ve just posted this afternoon
(Index of /files/prerelease)

I’ve work hard on the Stylize filter recently, so it may have fixed your issue as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Must have been the last version. I have tried about three predefined presets and they all worked fine. smallest 5 minutes to largest over 2,000 x 2000 = 15 minutes. At first custom wasn’t working for me still then while I was watching the last one I realized “maybe I need to have all visible layers as the input layers” duh, So I just tried it and it is running now for me. Is on the 6/7 scale right now.
Thank you

My very first one Black and white image with the almond blossom predefined stylize

Original plus stylized with the pollock convergence
9902850-vector-ancient-golden-compass%20original%20and%20with%20pollock%20convergence
I eventually worked out how to do the custom and did this with milkyway and lightning at dusk

1 Like

Left you a message at GIMPChat, Sallyanne. Now it’s your turn to partake in the Stylize crack. lololol

Taking 4 hours off today (will have to head off to work soon). Anyway, take care and enjoy. Look forward to seening more from you soon. :slight_smile:

Good stuff. A few more optimizations and maybe, just maybe, I might be able to pull one off myself.

Thought it was a butterfly until I scrolled up (No; didn’t take any drugs. lol)

3 Likes

Almost it seems painted manually

2 Likes

Hi,
Thank you for your research!
I can’t find the update before launching G’mic on gimp 2.8…22 on ubuntu 18…
thanks for your help

Hi @ChristianA,

Have you installed the latest gmic from the website?

Hi, yes i installed

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Bionic: .deb package

thanks

Le mar. 16 juil. 2019 à 20:49, Mica via discuss.pixls.us noreply@discuss.pixls.us a écrit :

Have you clicked the refresh button a few times?

yes in preferences to :

update

Le sam. 20 juil. 2019 à 17:10, Mica via discuss.pixls.us noreply@discuss.pixls.us a écrit :

Does your version match the latest (2.67 or 2.7)? Might be an older version…

1 Like

How does one go about doing this by command line? and to use own images as style?

I am trying to start to use pyton-gmic :slight_smile:

The example I was given is

gmic.run(“pathtoimage _fx_stylize starrynight +fx_stylize 1,6,0,0,0.5,2,3,0.5,0.1,3,3,0,0.7,1,0,1,0,5,5,7,1,30,1,2,1.85,0”)

But it says it can’t find the image. And if I try to put the path in my own disk it still tries to download it from the server.

I write this message also for the future if someone wants to do the same

try with

… output out.png")

It has nothing to do with the output.

The problem is it’s not reaching the image for the style.

GmicException Traceback (most recent call last)
in
----> 1 gmic.run(“athoimage _fx_stylize starrynight +fx_stylize 1,6,0,0,0.5,2,3,0.5,0.1,3,3,0,0.7,1,0,1,0,5,5,7,1,30,1,2,1.85,0 output out.png”)

GmicException: *** Error in ./_fx_stylize/*if/ *** Unreachable network file ‘https://gmic.eu/img/style_starrynight.png’.

But the file exists.

and if I try my own image it still tries to search in the server so I need to know if the command is different for a local style or if it’s not possible with a local style

1 Like