Subtle Vignette with GIMP-2.9.6

Thanks. Typo.

This is it fixed (sort off). Really it is one to discard, these scripts are for older days, smaller images.

With large images the gaussian blur failed. I put a limit on that but…up to you to try and see.

The Gimp 2.9 GEGL vignette is very good and you do get to edit the effect on the canvas.

1 Like

@afre, great G’MIC example. Thanks.

@rich2005, it does exactly what I wanted and no artifacts. Too bad it can’t be used on large images.

Which one is the Gimp 2.9 GEGL vignette? The one that comes with Gimp 2.9.x (G Vignette…)? I get artifacts with that one.

I updated the Vigrect filter to include opacity to control the subtlety of the vignette. After all, that is a part of the title of the thread.

Just a note : I’ve added the Vigrect and Gamify filters in the plug-in for everyone, located in section Testing / Afre / .
I think @afre will be OK to manage his own filter source file now directly in the gmic-commuity repository, so that people enjoy it without having to copy/paste his code in the gmic user file :wink:

1 Like

Sounds like @afre is official now! Congrats! :smile:

Indeed ! but did I really let him decide ? :smiley:
@afre, that being said, and if you agree, I’d like of course to add your name or pseudo (you decide) to the list of contributors !

@afre,
Nice addition. I like the Opacity control! :slight_smile:

@afre, thanks again!

Handsome backside of a statue :slight_smile:. Did you take this photo? If so, where is this?

1 Like

Thanks @afre!
I took that one some months ago in Des Moines, Iowa. I went to Iowa to a conference.
https://www.worldfoodprize.org/en/hall_of_laureates/welcome_to_the_hall_of_laureates/