Suddenly styles do not work anymore for me

Hey ladies and gentlemen,

now it seems I really need help…

all over sudden my styles do not work anymore.

What did I do to my PC?

• I updated gtk+ to 3.24.5 to get rid of the flicker issue
  • as I did not find my cups printers anymore in firefox and thunderbird I changed USE-flags for GTK+ to +cups (was -cups and printers worked)
  • upgradet to dt-2.6.1
  • in between tested git master
  • got my library.db from backup and somehow back to 2.6.1

→ WHAT HAPPENS is…

• I edit a photo, all works fine
  • try to apply a style as I did somehow on a daily basis (own ones and t3mijinpak)
  • dt says “will be applied to the picture”
  • but… nothing happens and also the history stack stays unchanged

I reverted aforementioned changes (GTK+ cups and version, dt 2.6.0) to no avail :frowning:

Also just now I wanted to try latest git master but I got:
database `library.db’ couldn’t be upgraded from version 17 to 18. aborting

Below is, what I get, when I start darktable from a terminal (could I paste better or do I need to rely on pixls.us’ smartness? Sorry, if I messed up acc. to boards style! oh I could have done “darktable &> errors.log”… ).
Some comments from my side:

• my box is a GENTOO (quite fresh, as the mashine is new but dt worked fine for several days)
  • I am used to GLib-CRITICAL. It is there somehow for ever already
  • The GtK-WARNING looks to me like something in the GTK+ code, which I can hardly influence
  • The most weird one is the sqlite3 error. particularly because the path you see there (/home/Datengrab/tmp/portage/), is the install-tmp directory. So shall not be of any interest after installation (actually all file are really gone there)

I hope I didn’t forget any necessary info…

Thank you all for any help!

----------------------------------------8<----------------------------------------8<----------------------------------------
name@brain ~ $ darktable

** (darktable:1097): WARNING **: 22:02:48.694: Couldn’t register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
[rawspeed] basic_string::_M_construct null not valid

(darktable:1097): GLib-CRITICAL **: 22:02:48.973: g_strlcpy: assertion ‘src != NULL’ failed

(darktable:1097): GLib-CRITICAL **: 22:02:48.973: g_strlcpy: assertion ‘src != NULL’ failed

(darktable:1097): Gtk-WARNING **: 22:02:49.373: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:68:35: The style property GtkButton:child-displacement-x is deprecated and shouldn’t be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version

(darktable:1097): Gtk-WARNING **: 22:02:49.373: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:69:35: The style property GtkButton:child-displacement-y is deprecated and shouldn’t be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version

(darktable:1097): Gtk-WARNING **: 22:02:49.373: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:71:36: The style property GtkCheckMenuItem:indicator-size is deprecated and shouldn’t be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version

(darktable:1097): Gtk-WARNING **: 22:02:49.373: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:76:30: The style property GtkExpander:expander-size is deprecated and shouldn’t be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version

(darktable:1097): GLib-CRITICAL **: 22:03:04.398: g_strlcpy: assertion ‘src != NULL’ failed

(darktable:1097): GLib-CRITICAL **: 22:03:04.398: g_strlcpy: assertion ‘src != NULL’ failed

sqlite3 error: /home/Datengrab/tmp/portage/media-gfx/darktable-2.6.1/work/darktable-2.6.1/src/common/styles.c:556, function dt_styles_apply_to_image(), query “INSERT INTO memory.style_items ORDER BY num DESC”: table memory.style_items has 10 columns but 11 values were supplied
sqlite3 error: /home/Datengrab/tmp/portage/media-gfx/darktable-2.6.1/work/darktable-2.6.1/src/common/styles.c:557, function dt_styles_apply_to_image(): table memory.style_items has 10 colum

(darktable:1097): GLib-CRITICAL **: 22:03:04.605: g_strlcpy: assertion ‘src != NULL’ failed

(darktable:1097): GLib-CRITICAL **: 22:03:04.605: g_strlcpy: assertion ‘src != NULL’ failed

(darktable:1097): GLib-CRITICAL **: 22:03:04.812: g_strlcpy: assertion ‘src != NULL’ failed

(darktable:1097): GLib-CRITICAL **: 22:03:04.812: g_strlcpy: assertion ‘src != NULL’ failed

----------------------------------------8<----------------------------------------8<----------------------------------------

Cheers
Axel

AMENDMENT:

Just now I moved ~/.config/darktable and started with a fresh one. Imported t3mujin, picked some pictures and it worked…

seems the boy will love the backup-NAS :-/

AMENDMENT 2:

sorry folks bothering you! I replayed my ~/.config/darktable and everything works like a charm again. I should have done this prior shouting here :blush:

Just wonder, what kicked it out :-/
Anyhow…solved…

Cheers
Axel

1 Like