Suggestion to reform Parametric Masking

I am now learning ART these days, and I like it a lot. I’ve been a long time darktable user. Because of masking capability, I never ever even think about leaving darktable. Unfortunately, there is a big movement among darktable developers to reform the current masking system. I tried to catch up their pace but I failed as of now. It’s way complicated and my hit ratio is less than 25%. One success in making a mask that I want out of 4 trials. I don’t even know how I can make a success. It was just a luck. Using a current darktable masking system, I can make masks quickly at 100% hit ratio. Sorry for a long sad story.

I am experiencing an aukward situation dealing with equalizer type of parametric masking. It’s very hard and combersome to shape a parametric mask using equalizer. I hope this to be replaced with darktable’s parametric mask. Supposing a “threshold curve” in sharpening tool. It never curve abruptly during adjustment unlike equalizer type of parametric masking.

If you look in the DT manual it has the diagrams that are essentially equivalent to the “curves” that you need to create…

EDIT
Have you looked at the latest updates…

There are presets for the main “classic” types…

It is pretty clear what to add where or just a few elements to create the often used simple parametric mask with a restricting drawn mask…

I’ve just installed the latest Flexi build. Now I am fairly comfortable with preset (classic advanced). I can make masks easily what I want. It’s a great relief to me. Thanks for your keen attention to my agony.

I think it’s just some time in the saddle needed… I’m glad you found it a little more helpful.

Also once I started to use it as it’s own panel and I could see more with less scrolling I found I liked it a lot more as well…