Supertree @ gardens by the bay

Here’s a supertree from gardens by the bay, it is quite a lovely place if you decide to visit Singapore. This is a view from a suspension walkway, I messed up this shot by not noticing the wire in the top left. I also forgot to stop down the aperture resulting in some nice “character” (spherical aberrations) throughout the image. Thank you carl zeiss jena!

_DSC2348.ARW (81.7 MB)

This file is licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.

5 Likes

My version…

_DSC2348.ARW.xmp (21.1 KB)

4 Likes

Where’s the super woodcutter? (with his metal saw!)

1 Like

_DSC2348.ARW.xmp (17.5 KB)

5 Likes

You must return to this scene at night time. It is very beautiful, very photogenic and much cooler than the heat of the day.
_DSC2348.ARW.xmp (20.2 KB)

5 Likes

I will definitely, although without my nifty fifty as it is plagued with coma. I take it you’ve been here before?

Yes I have been here before. I use some shots taken there at night time in my camera classes.
Here is a hand held shot taken in the evening.

4 Likes

nice shot, here my try in RT 5.10-dev:

_DSC2348.ARW.jpg.out.pp3 (18,6 KB)

3 Likes

Here is a further, slightly different edit.
Am I allowed to ask what lens you have used? The picture looks somewhat strange when you zoom in. Especially in the bright areas.

_DSC2348.ARW.xmp (20.7 KB)

3 Likes

It is a Carl Zeiss Jena Praktica 50mm f1.4, the strange look is probably due to spherical aberrations because I shot this wide open. It’s like having a built in promist filter :grinning:

2 Likes

I like it! Especially @Popanz’s edit it somehow looks like a very good 3d render… the unusual scene has something to do with that, but the lens character helps I think.

3 Likes

Combined with the aberrations, @Popanz’s edits make it positively radioactive. Ha ha.

@rasterized I like how the bay and boats are off in the distance but still featured nicely.

3 Likes

Dt. 3.8.1

_DSC2348.ARW.xmp (15.4 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you for the play, edit with ART, GIMP and G’MIC:

1 Like

Very suggestive tree!
Here is my version. The optical aberrations matches with the old style analog vibe.

1 Like

My try with RT-5.10-Dev version

RT-2024.04.17_DSC2348.ARW.pp3 (15.3 KB)

2 Likes

_DSC2348.ARW.xmp (11.4 KB)

2 Likes