Support for Pentax pixel shift files #3489

@gaaned92 André, can you make a new win64 pixelshift build if your time permits? That would be very welcome :slight_smile:

In a few minutes from now, W64 release and debug builds of pixelshift 4.2.1241 should be in My RT W64 drive

@heckflosse and users : don’t hesitate to ask for new windows builds (32 and 64) as the process is fully automatic.

3 Likes

Dzięki za udostępnienie !
TNX :wink:

Because master branch got some bug fixes and enhancements recently and pixelshift branch was behind master branch by some commits, I merged master branch into pixelshift branch. Nothing new about pixelshift algorithms currently. We are still working on it.

Pixel shift options in menu RT are not translated into Polish language :frowning:

@Marek you can help with that once the English strings in the pixelshift branch are finalized: Localization - How To Translate RawTherapee and RawPedia

@Marek, pixelshift is far away from being complete. gui changes all days while we are testing. As @Morgan_Hardwood wrote: it does not make sense to translate unfinished stuff :slight_smile:

I do like the function to increase the size of the regions, even though there isn’t much difference between 5x5 and 7x7 the increased size does close up some of the gaps that otherwise are left uncorrected. But even bigger size would be nice if it’s doable.

The red/blue functions do pick up lots of faint checker patterns but also have a habit of picking up the details that you would like to preserve, that is why a lower sensitivity (to the keep the details) and larger blobs to cover the problem areas more effectively is nice, at least when working with the current PS pictures I have right now.

Status report:

We are currently working hard on some new methods to reduce the number of false motion detections while increasing the number of true motion detections. As soon as the the stuff is worth to be pushed to pixelshift branch I will do that…

1 Like

Sounds good. In the mean time I can share yet another pixel shifted image. Nothing extraordinary in any way but it does involve a lot of motions. The car closest to the camera like to leave some artefacts, there is also some on the back of the people to the right in the picture that is hard to remove without removing solid details.

There are some nice details that can be found on the houses in the distance that one like to preserve, for instance look under the black roof for some ornaments on the wall.

link:
https://filebin.net/oji6fsphuvtltfif

Gimbal, thanks for providing a new example file. We really need as many of them as possible.

I had a look at your file using latest (unofficial) development version. The car artifacts are solved and the detail in background is also preserved much better with that version. The artifacts on the back of the people is better but still not good. I will have a look at that now…

Edit: here’s a screen shot of the people artifacts

Hi,
this artifact is removed by enabling nongreenamaze.
Vitalis

Hi Vitalis, it’s not completely removed. But I have to admit, that I lost the overview what’s in official and non official rt pixelshift test versions…

Mine is 1279:

Vitalis, ok, replicated your settings. But with this settings it fails on this:

Ingo

Alas, yes.
It would be nice to be able to apply different settings for various regions. But I feel that this is too complicated to implement.

Vitalis, this settings almost solve all issues for Gimbal’s file :wink:

Hi,
today I had a walk to ravines and made many photos of various kind, involving water, wind in branches, living things etc. Most are in high and low ISO. Hope they will be useful.
https://filebin.net/7s1ojqkwvdxd9g0x
Vitalis

1 Like

@vto Vitalis, thanks a lot for providing so much examples :thumbsup:

Hi,
seems that the current code easily interprets all the ravine files.