support of 14bits RAW for OM1 Mark II don't work

hello, rawtherapee don’t support the raw files for 14bis high res for the OM system OM1 Mark II; all is right with the 12bits; i have a black screen with the 14bits.

Hello, your camera is brand new, from last month ! Normally it takes some time before a new format (14-bit in this case) is supported.

I took some raw samples from the web and they open fine in RT (latest dev version). I can’t determine if those are 12- or 14-bit though.

What version of RawTherapee are you using?

it’s an appimage : RawTherapee_Beep6581_lacam16n_release.appimage

rawtherapee works with the 12bits not with the 14bits AND and only then you use hi res images , if you do so you have the choice between 12 and 14bits the 14 bits is supposed to be better …

I’m using that same AppImage as well. And yes, 14-bit files contain more information.

On my 10-years old Nikon I always had the choice to shoot raw in 12 or 14-bit and all the raw convertors open those 14-bit files fine.

As far as I understand it, in high-res mode the camera produces several images at once, then combine them. Chances are that this is indeed a special format. Can you open them in other raw convertors like Darktable?

Btw, nice camera you have! Pity that the Olympus brand is lost…

Dartable does not support the OM1 Mark I or II right now but they are working on new version that support OM1 but as i know and i don’t know why , the new version don’t work with the hi res image on 14bits

I can add that for the HI res the mecanism of combination of images is well treated under Rawtherapee or Art if we select the 12bits but not with the 14bits; the problem is the 14bits not the combination of multiple images.

14-bit is a brand new codec by OM that still needs to be reverse engineered.

and any hope that this problem will be resolved?

Eventually, yes.

FWIW, i’ve poked at it quite a bit, and it seems like it’s NOT as simple as changing
a few magic constants in the existing decoder.