Syncing Metadata to multiple photos

ExifTool is perl, digikam uses exiv2 given thats c++ and so is digikam. If this is about the lack of support for writing certain exif fields, that’s something to be reported/added to exiv2. However if it’s about copying certain exif fields from one image to another that’s just a missing feature in digikam, aka what’s required is implementing the UI and wiring that with existing code to write metadata. I think that specific request has already been reported before. If it’s change the metadata for multiple images at once, that’s definitely been reported before: Again, just a question of finding someone to put in the work to implement it. And there may already be workarounds using metadata templates or maybe even the batch editing tool - there have been lots of extensions there, I am not up to speed with those capabilities.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this has been reported before, I’ve seen the question come up in different places.

Whoa, this is really happening.

3 Likes

Yeah, these guys are awesome

I only saw the transformation of digiKam from version 4.12 until now but even then the application improved so much you can’t even compare them. digiKam will keep improving for sure. Once you are more familiar with digiKam please consider helping by answering other users’ questions here and on digikam-users mailing list (http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/) so the developers can focus on writing the code.

1 Like

Good idea, thanks for the suggestion.