Syncing Metadata to multiple photos

(Rick Scheibner) #1

Hello, I’m looking through archives and throughout the web to find the answer to my question. How can I copy/paste (or sync) the same metadata (tags, description, etc…) to multiple images? It seems like it should be easy and that I’m missing something very basic, but for the life of me I can’t figure it out.

Example: If I import images from the same session, I want to be able to apply the same information to all of the photos. Or, if I have a folder of a prior import, I’d like to be able to do the same.

Thanks in advance for helping a brother out. And again, apologies if I’m missing the obvious.

I have had digiKam (Windows 7 OS) for quite some time and the only metadata I have found a way to change, even on a single image, is the Author and CopyRight.

This may help you out until you can get digiKam figured out.
I have another free program, FastStone, that batch-handles ALL of the metadata with ease.
The way it works in FastStone is to select all the images, right-click, and choose Properties > Details.
Any information that you add or change in Details will affect the entire selected batch.

I have never found FastStone to make a mistake; and, this is so quick and easy that I just gave up on getting it figured out in digiKam; however, I am interested in whatever solution comes up.

I hope this is of some help.