'Tack' Sharp .....

This really is a sideways comment that follows after viewing the fine topic …“Editing moments with darktable”.
As I walk through many photography galleries today, viewing the current trend in Landscapes, it seems that Glossy and Tack Sharp are the primary requisite. Canvas now appears to be out and is replaced instead with massive metallic masterpieces where every detail from edge to edge is designed to wow us. There is no real subject anymore, we are to marvel at the technology and to allow our eye to wander through the infinite glossy detail.
Boris Hajdukovic has shown us something different; he has clearly illustrated that landscapes and our vision of landscapes has true subject matter and focus, and is far from the technical tripe being commercially offered and unfortunately often copied.
Boris’ videos show very much more than technique, they provide a real empathetic view of the landscape that we should clearly listen to.

3 Likes

You should tag Boris with an @ symbol followed by his user name, @s7habo, so he knows you appreciate his work. I appreciate his work as well, his editing is quite good.

Wall-to-wall sharpness is nothing new though, as large format users have been doing this for decades by tilting the front plane of their view camera downward and stopping down the lens. Similarly, early photography prints were on tin! What’s old is new again, with a new-fangled spin on it. :slight_smile:

Though photographs without subject is just poor artistry, I think.

Agreed. It’s a big plus if a landscape draws some more thought than just “that’s a beautiful place”.

1 Like

Indeed there is a reason the well known group Ansel Adams was a member of was called " Group f/64" and it wasn’t because they wanted long exposures :wink: