The $0.02 flash diffuser, with tools you probably already have in your home

A rather efficient and quite inexpensive flash diffuser I use for many things (portrait to macro-photography). I usually carry several in a pocket of my camera bag.

Link to the Imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/cNTyo

PS: The antique Lumix FZ8 in the pics was the digital camera that got me interested in digital processing, hence Gimp, hence Pixls.

9 Likes

I always used a paper towel and a rubberband, but this is much more aesthetically pleasing.

It also creates a much large lighting source.

I love the simplicity of letting the paper roll over (under?). :slight_smile:

PS: the antique Lumix FZ7 in the pic below was an early start at getting more serious about digital processing, hence GIMP, hence PIXLS… :wink:

Imgur

3 Likes

Looks like your Reddit post made it to PetaPixel:

:smiley:

That’s an elegant solution! :slight_smile:

PetaPixel, DIYPhotography, and Photoblog.hk, all with permission, asked after seeing my post on Reddit for the first two, and seeing PetaPixel for the 3rd.

They all used my pictures, which means that none of them tried by themselves :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Why on earth would they go and try it themselves? These are very busy photography journalists who need to get copy out there asap! :wink:

The time-consuming part was taking decent photos… But since they are photo experts (much more expert and better tooled than I was at the time) it should be a snap for them :rolling_eyes:

1 Like

I’m using a cheap DIY Gary Fong lightsphere.
The same seen here

1 Like

Before I had an external flash I used a box for film that I had. Better than nothing, I guess.

1 Like

Doesn’t work that well with SD card cases :slight_smile: