The output profile in image file is different than output profile

Using RT 5.4 for Windows and developing raw files from Canon camera.

I’m intending to specify an output profile when creating image files using RT. In my case those are 16bit tif uncompressed files. This has been working fine until now. I must have done something (odd?) likely unintended to cause the problem. In that, for now, I’ve only seen it on one file. The image files (.tif) created contains an ICC profile described as “Manual GammaTRC: g=2.2 s=4.5”. Such a profile does not appear in any selection list I can find within RT. However, the processing profile (.pp3 file) produced for that output file says it is the one I selected/expected for an “Output Profile”. Furthermore, if I reopen the raw file in RT and specify that processing profile (.pp3 file) then the ICC profile I intended (previously selected) shows as the “Output Profile”. Another anomaly associated with this situation is that when in this state (i.e., having done nothing but open the file and select a processing profile) the output profile selection list has been put in the state where it CANNOT be selected. In that, it is not possible to either view available output profiles or select one.

I’ve spent a fair amount of time editing this image and have it the way I want it (but with the chosen output profile). Because of the nature of curves in RT, as well as other software, I don’t think I could count on doing the editing over and getting the same result.

How do I salvage the work invested in developing this image?

Upon further examination it looks like this condition may be caused by selecting “Free Gamma” (i.e., checkbox that appears to be part of the “Output Profile” tool). There does not appear to be any description in Rawpedia, or for that matter that a Google search can find, regarding the “Free Gamma” selection. If it was selected by me that was completely unintentional. However, by unchecking/deselecting this option the above problem is resolved.

The question that remains is, “was this caused by an accidental mouse click or is there some other editing operation that would trigger the selection of this option?”.

Is there any documentation regarding the purpose and use of this option?