The Photographers' Gallery and Alex Prager

I visited the Photographers’ Gallery in London at the weekend and recommend it. Nice building/spaces, good shop, pleasant café and of course photos. And free if you arrive before midday! Quite an oasis on a hot day in the capital. official site
Alex Prager was the main exhibition (there were two others) - here is some info -
AlexPrager-info

Here are a couple of pics of exhibits I took -
exhibit-woman-smoking

exhibit-audience

A pic I took in the gallery -
gallery-scene

Woman watching one of the videos -
woman-watching-video

And finally a pic I took out of a café window -
taking-photo

Photography (no flash) is permitted in the gallery.

Licensing: These photos are provided for the pixls.us community on the pixls.us website. They may not be reproduced by any means anywhere else.

2 Likes

Did you get the approval from all the persons shown in your photos, that you can publish their photos here? You know like GDPR wants? :slight_smile:

The photos are clearly art! GDPR permission granted! :grinning:

Not really. You still need the approval of the person shown that you can take the photo and publish it. Even if it is art.

@darix, pls see this -
"Are you engaged in economic activity?

The one caveat to that that the GDPR does not apply to people processing personal data in the course of exclusively personal or household activity. This means you wouldn’t be subject to the Regulation if you keep personal contacts’ information on your computer or you have CCTV cameras on your house to deter intruders.

To fall within the remit of the GDPR, the processing has to be part of an “enterprise”. Article 4(18) of the Regulation defines this as any legal entity that’s engaged in economic activity. You must be careful not to mistake business conducted from home for household activity."

from here - https://www.itgovernance.eu/blog/en/does-the-gdpr-apply-to-me

This was top of the list in my very quick search just now. I’m hoping not to be locked up! :innocent: I don’t recall any outcry about UK press freedom curtailed by not being able to take photos in public and publish them. (Ok inside someone’s building is generally not “in public” if I understand the law correctly). Hey let’s not get bogged down in red tape!