The Quiraing, Skye, Lightroom and darktable

Nice shot, thanks for sharing it!
Here is my take with darktable 3.2.1

And the sidecar files: 2015-05-23 - 7865_01.DNG.xmp (144.9 KB) 2015-05-23 - 7865.DNG.xmp (138.8 KB)

1 Like

Just noticed the sky was too blueish on the second one, so here is another try:

2015-05-23 - 7865.DNG.xmp (139.3 KB)

1 Like

2 Likes

Here’s an experiment in color grading.

2015-05-23 - 7865_14.DNG.xmp (68.6 KB) dt3.3

Edit: some lighter tones haven’t come through in the jpeg.

Edit 2: Forgot to mention, I borrowed :wink: @MarcoNex’s retouch.

I’m astonished about the yellows you found! Looks very nice and as if it could have been this way, although it definitely wasn’t.

One way to do it is with colour balance; you have separate colour pickers for shadows, midtones and highlighs:

The corrective hue will be set exactly, but you may need to tweak (usually reduce) saturation.

Though, truth be told, even without that my sky did not look as blue as yours:

I thought I could not only manage contrast but also overall brightness in the filmic module

In filmic, you manage tone mapping, contrast and saturation. You manage overall brightness with exposure.
I’m attaching my XMP, though I’m on the latest development version, so I’m not sure it will work for you. I tried to approximate your original Lightroom image, but I did not get really close.
2015-05-23 - 7865.DNG.xmp (21.5 KB)

And two renderings, one with just filmic and colour balance, the other with ‘flat’ filmic (straight line in the filmic module, but the axes are not scaled linear) and a ‘Fuji Astia’ LUT (from @sacredbirdman - see Fujifilm X-H1 Astia HaldCLUT) applied on top of that.

I forgot to indicate it was processed with ART.

It’s an interpretation that doesn’t aim at realism.
I selected some zones of the meadows with “color similarity mask” (DeltaE mask) and when happy with selected zone, applied some dodging and a light yellow/orange cast to get nonetheless a kind of realistic color.
I also burned some zones with a brush mask.
Thanks for appreciation.

A regular take on it:

2015-05-23 - 7865_23.DNG.xmp (111.6 KB) dt3.3