The screw and the night sky.

darktable (2.6.2): Tornillo y el Cielo.PEF.xmp (2.6 KB)

2 Likes

Very nice shot @Salvador_Calero, welcome to the forum!
Here is an attempt using RawTherapee 5.6.

Tornillo y el Cielo.jpg.out.pp3 (13.1 KB)

3 Likes

I love those magenta tones, and the darkening of the top of the sky is bright, thanks for the editing.

1 Like

+1 with Jonas :slight_smile:
Nice shot, here is a colder try.

Tornillo y el Cielo.PEF.xmp (7,1 Ko)

3 Likes

My edit. Good capture with a well exposed image, and man is that lens sharp wide open for an ultrawide zoom lens.

Edit: Here is the sidechain file: Tornillo y el Cielo.PEF.pp3 (11.8 KB)

1 Like

Fantastic editions, I really like your editions and your point of view. I have a question, how can I use pp3 to see it in DT, thanks

That is not possible. These sidcar files are for RawTherapee.

I know, but I thought there would be some way to convert it to .xml, thanks anyway

These sidecar files just describe the steps done in the different “processing modules” in text form. Because different software uses in part different methods and algorithms an exact transfer is not possible. Even different version of darktable might not be compatible with each other. Only for some processes like simple change in exposure might be transfered from one program to another. See also here.

2 Likes

1 Like

very good, i like.

As I am currently learning how to cope with scene-referred and astrophotography (also my genre), I came back to this one and tried with dt 3.5 again:

Tornillo y el Cielo_01.PEF.xmp (111,4 KB)

Hope you ladies and gentlemen like it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I tried to emphasize on the starry sky ithout crushing the dynamic on the stones but I did not manage to get as beautiful rocks as @Jonas_Wagner 's

Tornillo y el Cielo.PEF.xmp (118.7 KB)

Beautiful scene!

Tornillo y el Cielo_RT-1.jpg.out.pp3 (14.4 KB)
Camera WB looks a bit too purple, so I chose warmed-up daylight

1 Like

tornillo.y.el.cielo.pp3 (16.6 KB) RawTherapee 5.8-2743-gae11190e7

Transitional day/night images with a lot of sky are always a challenge in my opinion. Nice to be able to work on this one.

Thanks for sharing!

“Well, I’ve never been to Spain”, but in my part of the world I have never seen so many stars in a night sky along with a well lit scene at ground level, so this photo is kind of twisting my sense of reality. Therefore, I really like @Thomas_Do 's and @Kasyap.Sankara 's interpretations.

This rock formation looks a bit like some Roger Dean album covers

dt 3.4 Tornillo y el Cielo.PEF.xmp (12.4 KB)

Beautiful image! Thanks for posting

2 Likes

Tornillo y el Cielo.PEF.xmp (15.7 KB)

Late to the party…
DT 3.4

Tornillo_y_el_Cielo.PEF.xmp (14.6 KB)

1 Like