The screw and the night sky.

Hello everyone, I am new to pixls, and this is my contribution, to improve the edition in this type of photographs, I share this RAW to see your techniques and ways of revealing. If you have doubts, ask, greetings.
The screw is the name that has been given to this stone structure, created by the passage of time, is well known and is located in the natural park El Torcal, in Antequera.

Tornillo y el Cielo.PEF (19.8 MB) Tornillo y el Cielo.xmp (11.9 KB)

CC-BY-SA:

This file is licensed ![Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike](//pixls-discuss.s3.amazonaws.com/original/2X/d/d3d2017cd83ef08097beaad445d5e296b2125aff.png)
([Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike](https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/))
12 Likes

Here’s a quick jpg-export (unedited) of the RAW
Tornillo%20y%20el%20Cielo

1 Like

This is my original edition, I hope to see your edits. regards

1 Like

Thanks for the raw file. Never worked on a night shot with sky before. Don’t really know whats right and whats wrong.
Curious about other edits…

Tornillo y el Cielo.PEF.xmp (16.7 KB)

4 Likes

6 Likes

Welcome, @Salvador_Calero, and thanks for sharing this nice image.
My take.

Tornillo y el Cielo.PEF.xmp (10.4 KB) (DT 2.7 - Not compatible with DT 2.6 and below)

Thank you so much for this gorgeous image!

Tornillo y el Cielo.PEF.xmp (18.5 KB)

Here a second version with some changes, especially in the color transition from the upper to thr lower sky.

Tornillo y el Cielo.PEF.xmp (18.5 KB)

8 Likes

Tornillo y el Cielo.PEF.xmp (3.6 KB)

It was difficult to deduce the right white balance. I tried to get the color of the stone tower natural.

1 Like

I like your edition, congratulations

How cool, it really seems, I like it.

Thank you for sharing your vision of photography

1 Like

Interesting proposal, although to my liking the color temperature is very high, grateful

Fence, now I do not remember the WB I use, I think it was about 3500. You liked the edition very well.

@Salvador_Calero Welcome to the forum!

It is an interesting image. It has a surreal graphic look to it. (None of the edits look “realistic” per se.)

Two suggestions

1 Edit your opening post to include your edit in post #3. That way visitors can see a preview of your image in the #processing:playraw category.

2 It is our habit to license the raw file. Licensing helps us respect the author and also protect the community. See PlayRaw stuff to keep in mind.

1 Like

A different editing:

RT 5.6: Tornillo y el Cielo.png.out.pp3 (11.5 KB)

It’s interesting how hard the shadows are in this twilight image…

3 Likes

Beautiful photograph, there is not much to edit really. :slight_smile:

Tornillo%20y%20el%20Cielo_darktable_02_gimp

8 Likes

Hello @afre I hope I made the changes correctly, tell me if it is correct or not to modify it, regards.

That is due to the reflection of the crescent moon, which helped me to light the stage, greetings

Thank you

Wonderful! Now we can see the beautiful preview. See:

1 Like