The Wavelet Levels tool English documentation is online

After around a year and a half of hard work the English documentation for the Wavelet Levels tool in RawTherapee is finally online.

https://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Wavelet_Levels

You’re invited to read it and start playing with that awesome tool, unique in the world of raw developers.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank @jdc, @Wayne_Sutton, @Andy_Astbury1 and @paperdigits for their help. Without them writing this document would not have been possible. Thank you all!

And I want to make a special mention to @Wayne_Sutton, without whose skills the document wouldn’t have had the quality it has. Thanks a lot!

12 Likes

Sorry for not having replied for your proofreading requests. I think it looks great and hopefully it will help me to get over my fear of using the many options of the wavelet tool :wink:

1 Like

Great job! Thats one monster module. With this documentation I might stand a chance against it!

2 Likes

there is also an excellent video by @Andy_Astbury1 on the contrast levels module. https://youtu.be/ubELtK_zXdE

3 Likes

Far too kind Wayne, far too kind :smiley:
And I have to thank XavAL for his patience - it’s not easy teaching a teacher :rofl:

3 Likes

@XavAL Impressive work, Sir!
Softproof PM’ed.

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

1 Like

Thank you to
@XavAL
@Wayne_Sutton
@Andy_Astbury1
@paperdigits

For this huge work!

Now, with all this documentation, I hope I will not speak in a vacuum … when I talk about wavelets :slight_smile:

Thank you again

jacques

4 Likes

Good work folks.

The images took a while to load. I wonder if the image footprints could be reduced a tad…

good point!

Working on it! :blush:

1 Like

@afre: I think it should be a bit quicker now (I didn’t realize how many images there are in this document! :cold_sweat: ). I hope I haven’t screwed anything!

If the images should be even smaller in size, then they have to be compressed one by one, and that would take some time (that I don’t have right now).