This CAT loves the Water

Please don’t forget to explicitly state the license you want to release your image with! A common license used here includes something like below:

This file is licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.

IMG_0355.CR2.xmp (35.5 KB)
IMG_0355.CR2 (21.4 MB)

The CAT, the high speed ferry between Yarmouth, Nova Scotia and Maine, USA. This was a foggy, overcast day. We did not take the ferry to Maine but got a few shots of it and then the light house out on the point. The ferry left just as we left to drive to the light house which was about a 10 minute drive by land, By the time we got there the CAT was just heading out to open water. Too foggy to see very far out to sea.

1 Like

Guess I will never learn how to attach both picture and files together.

Foggy version

More punch

IMG_0355.CR2.xmp (15.6 KB)

The utility pole is sort of messing with the composition…my edits are nothing great or even interesting… I did note in yours a fair bit of noise in the sky and some dust spots…some highlights were blown on the one workers vest and on the rocks on the retaining wall…

Did a lazy man half pole to the fence level…just to remove the obstruction…not a great job could easily do better I am sure…

IMG_0355.CR2.xmp (19.9 KB)

Maybe a little brighter?? Hard to say when you are dealing with a dull day how you would remember it if you were there…

1 Like

IMG_0355.pfi (69.8 KB)

I tried removing the pole by using the ‘Retouch’ but I was never successful. I could get the top half but could never get the part with the boat behind it. That probably took a while removing the pole. This looks well done.
I don’t doubt there is noise and over blown highlights in my photo. I was trying to do anything to offset that bland sky. I guess there is no way to fix that. Thank you for your attempts and info about my photo.

Drag and drop. Also, we encourage people to resize to 1920x when sharing, unless there is a specific reason for larger sizes, such as a study of texture.

If file size is the problem you should add “and jpeg quality level below 95%” :wink:

1 Like

My comments were not meant as any sort of criticism. Only things I noticed. The final product is defined by you…

I would have to go back to your xmp… I think profiled denoise would handle the color noise fine in the sky and retouch would clear up the dust spots… the rest is all subjective… I saw that you did a lot of “burning” with exposure modules…the end result I notice was the vest a bit overexpose on the one worker and the rocks on one section of the retaining wall… It would be up to you to decide if that was you look or something to revisit…

I hope you get one or two tips from the edits that people share that you find useful…

DT4.2

20230129_IMG_0355.CR2.xmp (12,6 KB)
Greetings!
Edit: It was badly trimmed.

2 Likes

You can cheat…

Mask and watermark module…

Nice focus on the boat…

1 Like

Sorry this is OT, but wondering what a .pfi sidecar file is? It’s got me scratching my head…

PhotoFlow.

http://aferrero2707.github.io/PhotoFlow/

2 Likes

My version…

IMG_0355.CR2.xmp (22.0 KB)

Thanks!