this might need a parental advisory..

No, seriously. If you’re of a delicate disposition turn back now.

This little drama unfolded behind a pot plant just off my right shoulder…

Gotcha

Lets have some facetime…

and you thought only Ripley had to worry about face huggers
He went in through its EYE!!! Aaaaggghhh!!!

That red splot is chilling

Now don’t come crying to me when the nightmares start

Nite nite, sleep tight and dont let the bed bugs bite

3 Likes

This is pretty funny …not for the fly…but the sleep part… i have been watching too many African safari reels of various take downs esp the crocs in the rivers and lately some Komodo dragons… Both of which I have now had nightmares about…and I rarely remember any dream …but I had one so violent I jumped completely out of bed in my attempts to evade capture only to land on the floor ripping all the covers off the bed in the process… much to my wifes surprise… Her initial response WTF are you doing?? DId you hit your head…I replied no idea and no… Then hurry up and put the covers back on the bed…some things make you wonder… my significantly elevated heart rate was a testament to the reality of it all for me in that brief moment… lets see how I fare with the spiders… I once knew a girl that slept with tape over her mouth for fear of them crawling in during her sleep :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I want to try macro photography and I have been eyeing an Olympus 60mm f/2.8 macro lens for days now. This might post might have pushed me over the edge :wink:

hi,
that tape over the mouth is a good idea. We had an aunt stay over and one night the whole house was woken up after a mouse scuttled across her face… Man, we never heard the end of that

1 Like

hi,
those were taken with a 35-150 and a variety of extension tubes. I guess if you’re looking at the world at the scale of a macro lens then the scope for compositions is pretty much infinite.
enjoy

1 Like

I have such a lens. It’s superb, except for the weird little range-focusing knob on the side. Great image quality. If the price is right, taking the plunge will be heaps of fun. It takes a 49mm filter size but a step-down ring does a great job with your regular-sized filters.

I recently bought a macro focusing rail to make compositions easier - I find there’s always an obstacle right where I want my tripod leg. I haven’t used the rail as yet, having just got it yesterday.

Oh, and not to add to anyone’s nightmares, but in Australia, the redback spider is known to take on smaller (but still quite venomous) snakes. And win. There’s a few YT clips.

1 Like

My older sister had a cockroach run across her bare foot once. You would’ve thought it was a black mamba…

Then again, she once took a dill pickle “snack” to bed one night. The next morning her younger, more easily alarmed (and still my older) sister shrieked after she stretched her legs (they shared a bed at the time). Her foot touched a cold, damp and shriveled-up something under the covers at the foot of the bed… :laughing:

2 Likes