Tiff file update

Hello,
I have tried to export a photo a photo to collection in tiff format which works fine and edit it with an external editor and that works fine too. But when I come back to darktable, the thumbnail is not updated and if I go to the darkroom, the photo is not updated either. I can even export and not see the changes!
If I quit darktable and click on “reset rotation”, the thumbnail updates (only button I found that works)…
Is there a better way?

The other thing is that the tiff inherits the tags from the raw, but doesn’t appear in the collection I have onscreen made with that tag (tag → go to tag collection). If try tag->go to tag collection, the collection does not update but if I change collection and do the tag->go to tag collection, I get my tiff next to the raw file. Is there a way to make to “go to tag collection” update and not assume that the collection hasn’t changed.

There we are, minor problems…
Thanks for any help,

Nicolas.

Did you ever find a solution to export/external editor not updating thumbnail? Your exit/reset rotation seems to work but is far from ideal…

I am running windows version with the Nik/DXO external editors.

Thanks,

ez

Yes, just tested it again and it is working fine with an tiff file from affinity photo with a b&w conversion layer added.

my problem is that Nik plugins returns an error, so i made a batch file (windows) that always returns ‘exit 0’ and now it works for me as well…