Todays session (Darktable) Olympus Em1

Cooney Bay Kamloops British Columbia
Olympus Em1 Mk1 14-42mm
HDR 5 2ev shots (I’ve gotten use to shooting HDR, its like crack habit now lol)
Darktable 3.8 I was on 3.0 and could get way more detail out of mountains when facing the sun. Just don’t have the time atm to mess around in DT

11 Likes

Terrific images once again!

Thanks got tons more just don’t want to spam the forum too much lol

1 Like

Given your skill and the subject matter I don’t think anybody minds… Time for another road trip to BC… Last one was down from Calgary to Waterton Lakes…briefly into Montana and then into BC from Ferny and up through Inverness and Golden to Yoho and back to Calgary via Lake Louise… you could basically put that on rewind and repeat for amazing scenery and its such a small window of that area…

1 Like

These are from my off road trips around coastal and some interior BC. Mostly through forestry roads This gallery is strictly to do with my truck as its get me there. Any other images go into the other galleries if they are worth it. https://www.arekhalusko.com/adventure/ Some video of the type of roads that you can drive. This is West Harrison FSR from Harrison Lake to Pemberton BC West Harrison BC - Don't fall - YouTube

4 Likes

Ha what happens when / if you ever meet another truck…that’s going to be a real treat of an enterprise… ha ha…

1 Like

The proper way is you need a VHF radio that is licensed and you call out the km markers either 5km up or 5km down etc. So you would say silver pickup 5km up. This is to let logging trucks know someone is on the road. Lots of people just use unlicensed radios, its not legal but better than a full logging truck plowing into you.

When going down logging or forestry roads anyone going down get right of way, others move over or reverse.

1 Like

Interesting. I live in southern NSW, and there’s large pine plantations as well as native forests (mostly eucalypts) managed for timber in the area. Roads through the forests have signs saying what channel to set your UHF CB radio to as well as kilometer markers. You don’t need a licence for these. Has the advantage that many four wheel drives and almost all trucks have one anyway.

Most of these roads are pretty safe and boring compared to your example though! :smile: