Toronto photowalking - general

I’ll head to Toronto for the long weekend. Maybe some of y’all interested in meeting and photowalking.
@afre ? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Wrong side of the planet… :wink: (for me!)

1 Like

Sure, I assume you mean downtown Toronto. When and where do you want to meet and walk? From the top of my mind, I can think of:

I will be taking public transportation downtown, which takes me approximately two hours. I haven’t been doing so well physically, so hopefully nothing strenuous. My camera is also dead, so only budget mobile photography for me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I expect to be going out of the city for this weekend myself, but the Toronto Caribbean Carnival might be a good thing to photograph.

1 Like

I omitted the mention because I want to keep it light, but yeah, if we want to go to a place with lots and lots of people and goings on, then that would be perfect.

1 Like

Hey thanks a lot for the location suggestions.
So It’ll be me and my girlfriend, it’ll be downtownish. We do plan on perhaps checking out the carnival parade; though personally I look forward to trying to spy some good street photo ops. We’ll be staying close to the Eaton Centre, but specific plans are not yet in place.

Oh, the Carnival does pass Ontario Place… Eaton Centre is right at Spadina, although Ontario Line construction has started… I will PM you my phone number.

Tommy Thompson park - have not yet been, but looks intriguing
Ontario place - have visited the asian night market (I believe it was called) a number of years ago. So sad that they can’t figure out how to put it to good use short of bulldozing it.
West Queen West - have not yet been but online they describe it as hip and artsy. Will check out

I will also be relying on public transit (though I am bringing a car) due to the streets being busy and parking and street photography.

So far I’ve shot Kensington Market, Trinity Bellwoods Park as well as the Distillery district, and around Museum Station, by Queen’s Park notably the Harry Potter style Hart House. I’ve also ridden my bike on the Don Valley trail from Main station through Taylor Creek Park and so on [map]. It turned out to be storming that day and we got drenched. Then had overpriced food a the Loose moose, my girlfriend got her bike stolen from right in front of her at Union station, then had it returned the same day and got a call from the security there. Never a boring moment.

I hear the West Toronto Rail Path is good. Also The Meadoway and Waterfront Trail in Scarborough. (more info)

I live in Scarborough, where there are nice natural areas. E.g.:

Been to those. Lovely indeed. Lived at Lawrence East and Midland for almost a year back in 2000 when we moved to Canada. Loved the trail network from the Thomson memorial park.

Scarborough Ribfest happening there this long weekend.

August 5,6,7 long weekend:
So I ended up going and hitting up the Caribana Festival on the Saturday. It was busy and noisy and crazy and overall lovely :slight_smile:
Sadly didn’t get to do much photo walking since my girlfriend who came along ended up feeling unwell on Sunday morning and it took us half the day to leave the hotel. We ended up hitting up Cabbagetown and tried to visit the Riverdale Farm, which of course was closed for some 11 minutes by the time got there. We did that before the rain began and ended by grabbing some beer in Leslieville at Black Lab Brewing.

My apologies to @afre who would have been more than willing to make his way down from Scarborough and meet us, had I managed to line things up right. I hope I can plan things a bit better next time :frowning: In the meantime I shall share some images once edited.

Victorian style house in Cabbagetown

5 Likes

I know this isn’t Toronto; but am organizing a photo walk some 50km away in good ol’ Kitchener

Spent the last weekend in Toronto. Sadly schedule was pretty full and didn’t really have the time to meet anybody. Here are some snapshots.

1 Like