Translating the wrong po file?

I am translating the Swedish po file in darktable master. Should I continue with darktable master or should I start over with the po file in darktable 3.0.1?

Master’s fine I think.
You could switch to 3.0.x branch to have your changes incorporated sooner.
Also I think strings on master branch are more volatile and prone tochanges.

Only master is needed, I copy translations from master to release branch before creating a release.

1 Like

Thanks!

121 translations completed. 425 left.
sv.zip (107.0 KB)

That should be a PR against darktable repo :slight_smile:

I see. Never done a pull request before. I found the tutorial here https://redmine.darktable.org/projects/darktable/wiki/Translating_darktable but don’t have more than 30 minutes a day to learn about it right now.

Next time I update the translation file I will try to do a pull request.

1 Like

Try it! it’s relatively easy!

Is the tutorial I linked up to date?

To quote Star Wars:
It’s an older one sir, but it checks out.

2 Likes

I never learned to do a pull request at that time. Covid-19 came between.
I was thinking about continuing to update the Swedish po file and I checked latest master. No one has changed the Swedish po file since 2019 and the sv.po I worked with was 86% completed. 2630 words of 3055.
When I opened the latest sv.po from Github it says 2509 words of 3055, but shouldn’t it be 2509 words of 4067?

Should I start with darktable.pot, open it with Poedit and create a new translation from scratch or is it possible to continue with my translation from last year?
sv.zip (107.0 KB)

Edit: Found “Update from POT file” in Poedit. Problem solved at the moment.

Pascal sends out the updated POT file to the mailing list, it was sent a week or so ago.

Yes, full doc is here:

1 Like