I decided to make an input profile of my own. Following a few forum threads
on ICC profiles, I fetched an X-T3 .dcp from Adobe’s DNG converter, converted
it into a .json and then into an .icc, using standard dcamprof commands:

dcamprof dcp2json <filename.dcp> <filename.json>
dcamprof make-icc -n name -p xyzlut <filename.json> <filename.icc>

I do believe that the profile that I made yields a more natural look to
the rose:

But this is a bit puzzling, since @anon41087856 a few days ago stated
that darktable’s default input color profile uses the same .dcp as I used as source.

Personally, however, I feel that I am on the right way – unless I have totally
misunderstood the entire process :slight_smile:

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

1 Like

I stated what ?

darktable support for DNG color profiles and such is only partial. Matrices are supported, but anything more fancy should be checked. I think @hannoschwalm added stuff recently, but I don’t know this part of the code very well.

Er… I was quoting from memory the reference in this post:

Yes i did that a while ago. Atm darktable dng files only support the ColorMatrix1/2 and the corresponding Illuminants.

The CameraCalibration and ReductionMatrix is not supported yet. If out-of-camera files are uploaded to raw.pixls i will give them a chance :slight_smile: (Deferred to 3.4 of course)

2 Likes

@hannoschwalm, are you saying we can upload xrite colour checker shots and you’ll put an improved profile into dt?! If yes, that’s brilliant and I see I need to upload to https://raw.pixls.us/ Thanks

No, I can’t do that. I was speaking about dng specific tags that the camera firmware wrote into the file instead of the matrix. That would be slightly more precise than the standard matrix. But so far I don’t know of any camera doing that. And converted files from Adobe converter will not be fully supported by dt I think.

Abends!

And converted files from Adobe converter will not be fully supported by dt I think.

What do you recommend us to do, then?

MfG
Claes in Lund, Schweden