UI scale in Windows 10

Hi there,

I’m trying digiKam and so far everything is going smooth.
One thing I’d like to tweak is the UI scale. I work with a UHD monitor and Windows 10 dpi scaling works pretty well for all my other programs. Is there a way to adjust digiKam as well?
I looked at the documentation and the settings but I couldn’t find a solution. Please, let me know if I have missed something or if a workaround exists.

Thanks

Never mind, I don’t know how but I totally overlooked the options in the View Settings. Customizing the fonts is already helping a lot. The only thing left would be the menu and the tabs on the side.

1 Like

It is a bit spacy yes as when one cannot even freely minimize and maximize panels…

On lower right corner there’s tools lot’s of but when DK updates DB/files notifications come up halting the process that was being worked on.

But in overall DK UI and layout is “biggish”. Smaller fonts will not do the trick here I’m afraid.

Here is digikam on my Windows 10 machine. I would not call it spacy.

I don’t use thumbbar, keep only one panel maximized - either left or right depending on the current task:

Also, I go to fullscreen view when need more space. I keep the panels and the toolbar visible in fullscreen mode to keep the functionality I want:

Here’s DK here:

For the tree view and the thumbnail I could adjust the font size. For the menu there’s no option yet.

I’d want to be able to adjust it as well…

Or perhaps try another font allowing smaller font size to use… what’s a good font?

HDI scaling works pretty weird on Windows 10. I always have to restart applications after (un)plugging an external monitor. I found that digiKam actually behaves even better than native Microsoft apps. For example, Outlook gets all blurry while digikam actually changes font size, size of buttons, etc.