Unable to develop Panasonic FZ28 .RW2 RAW image in Darktable

Hello,

I would like to try darktable to develop my RAW images from my Panasonic FX28 camera and I installed version 4.6.1. However, I can add images to my library but when I try to develop I get “failed to read camera white balance information”. What can I do?

I add an example.

Regards, Wim

P1120615.RW2 (10.5 MB)

Hi Wim,
I just downloaded your image file and had the same problem you described on my Windows 11 computer with DT V4.7. Hopefully more experienced users or the developers can resolve your problem. It might be worth mentioning your operating system, but that is not the problem. One temporary workaround for an unsupported camera would be to use Adobe’s free DNG converter to convert the file to a DNG which can then be read by DT and other programs. Thanks for supplying the image file and I am sorry I could not be of more help.

Thanks terry

I would report this as issue on github. DT can open 4:3 and 16:9 raws from this camera, but not the 3:2 ones. This might be unintended.

1 Like

The comment at https://raw.pixls.us indicates that there is a partial set of images for this camera, and thus seems like there is partial support.

If you can, upload a full set of sample images and I’m willing to bet that the next release of DT will have full support.

All,

Indeed 4:3 and 16:9 do open in DEVELOP mode. I have submitted a full set of sample images.

Thanks to all.

The darktable category REALLY needs something in description + top sticked post to note that this isn’t the bugtracker.