Unable to fetch PhotoFlow (ppa:dhor/myway)

Dear all,

I am on Ubuntu Studio 17.10 (a.k.a. Artful Aardvark) and I have been recommended to try photoflow. However, I have not been able to install it. Here is what happens:

I located a repository (dhor/myway), which I activated in the usual way, i.e. using

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dhor/myway
sudo apt-get update

Then I tried to install PhotoFlow:

sudo apt-get install photoflow

Response:

Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Package photoflow is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package ‘photoflow’ has no installation candidate

Now, that is odd, because if I browse to the repository and filter for Artful, photoflow is there:

Screenshot_2017-11-25_13-18-57

My Synaptic Package Manager does recognize LP-PPA-dhor-myway/artful, but when I ask it to show all packages from that source, only a few are available (of which none is photoflow):

Screenshot_2017-11-25_13-22-38

So, I am stuck and wonder if any kind soul would be able to point my into the right direction: what have I done wrong?

Sincerely,
Claes in Lund, Sweden

It is there, but did not successfully compile for 'buntu 17.10

Oh!?!
Thank you!
Then I do not have to feel too stupid :blush:

Claes in Lund, Sweden

Ooops!!! I’m looking into this… @Claes: will let you know as soon as the package becomes available.

Thanks for the heads up!

The strange thing is that the latest 17.10 package (or at least attempt to build a package) dates back to the 10th of August… the issue preventing the build was fixed shortly after, and actually the 17.04 package builds fine for the amd64 architecture (the i386 one has some issue which is related to RawSpeed, so I should report it upstream).

@Dariusz_Duma: would it be possible to trigger a new build for the outdated Ubuntu versions, namely 17.10 and 16.10?

@Claes: the packages from the PPA will provide you the current version in the stable branch… if you want to take advantage of the latest developments, you should instead get the AppImage package from github.

After downloading the package, you have to make the file executable by going into the download folder and running

chmod u+x PhotoFlow-*-git-linear_gamma-*.AppImage

At this point you can run the package as if it where a normal unix command:

./PhotoFlow-*-git-linear_gamma-*.AppImage
1 Like

Thank you!

Claes in Lund, Sweden

Could you also take a look at nufraw? It’s just missing a dep.
https://launchpad.net/~dhor/+archive/ubuntu/myway/+build/18758513

@Dariusz_Duma @Carmelo_DrRaw