Unable to save edited files

Good morning and thank you for allowing me to join this forum. I’m running a 2009 iMac using High Sierra 10.1 3.6. I just downloaded and successfully install the latest version of raw therapy. It was able to open my Nikon raw files from a D780 and after editing a few files I went to save each one to a folder on my desktop. I know how to save using the control S buttons . The program looked like it was saving the files to the designated folder. When I open the folder there was nothing there. I’ve tried saving them as JPEG‘s or Tiffs without success. I then created a folder for my Photoshop elements as an external editor and I could not save a file there as well. In preferences I set Photoshop elements as my external editor. So raw therapy seems to be working other than I can’t save edited files. Is it me or my old computer? In advance I thank you for your advice. Jeff Perkins

Hey Jeff, welcome to the forum.

The current release of RT is pretty old and certainly doesn’t support the D780, a relatively recent camera.

You can try a development version, which is quite stable and used by many here on the forum.

You also need to grant RT disk permissions in macOS’ security and preferences pane.

Since the OP claimed the files opened fine, I guess it is a development build.

Anyway I don’t know what ctrl-s does in rawtherapee, but maybe it is saving to queue, and you need to start the queue to get going ?
I always used the export button somewhere in the lower left.

Thank you for your responses. After reading some other threads I decided to download dark table and it actually worked perfectly with my Nikon D780 files. I will stick with that for now to open those raw images and then export them to Photoshop. My version of Photoshop elements 2019 will not open Nikon D780 files – raw files that is. Thanks again. I am all set. ‘Jeff