upcoming version 1.6

A new compilation seems to fix the problem.
SM

You’re right.

One thing I noticed recently, when I work with a brush at 100% zoom I want to scroll (pan) the image and I subconsciously try to use middle mouse button, because left button is used for brush strokes. It’s a bit inconvenient to exit brush mode every time when I need to scroll the image.

Is it possible to make middle mouse button as an unconditional hand tool, @agriggio?

It feels a bit ineffective that the only one mouse button is used :slight_smile: well, plus right click to exit brush mode, which is actually really useful. So middle button could also become useful.

In DT they have a similar issue with some functions using scroll wheels for opacity and brush size or other so they use shift a or some key combination to revert to usual mouse control on a temp basis say to pan or scroll and then when you let go you are back to your brush or function…maybe this would be something that could be inserted if needed…

That’s a fair request, I’ll see what I can do

3 Likes

@agriggio - hello Alberto, playing some more with the batch rename option in the file browser. Trying to insert an exif tag using %T[tagname], but nothing happens. Say I want to insert in the new (renamed) filename the artist field, am I right to use %T[artist] there? But again, nothing happens…

On a side note, among the proposed %x’s there’s no one for shutter speed.

Hi, you need to use the exiv2 name of the tag, which is written in the tooltip in the exif tab. So that would be something like Exif.Image.Artist

Hth

@agriggio There is a new focus peaking in the inspector. Could you give some explanation on the difference with the focus peaking in the editor, if any?

They are the same thing. You might get (slightly) different results because of different processing, but that’s it

Version 1.6 is out now (release notes are above).

6 Likes

ART_1.6_W64_generic.7z, ART_1.6_W64_skylake.7z, ART_1.6_W64_znver2.7z, ART_1.6_W64_icelake-client.7z
uploaded at ART-W64NightlyBuilds/ – Keybase.pub

Thanks @agriggio for the good work :grinning:

4 Likes

Nice additions for v1.6! I used to use another program to rename files, but now I can do it in ART. One issue I noticed with batch renaming is that when I try to rename too many files, the OK button is off the bottom of the screen and I can’t click on it. I was able to rename them by selecting about 30 files at a time and updating the starting number. If the OK button was at the top that would solve this problem.

very annoying indeed… :man_facepalming:
will be fixed in 1.6.1, thanks for reporting!

Hi, I just released 1.6.1. This is a minor release that fixes a number of glitches in 1.6.

3 Likes

Thanks Alberto. Can I report this one (I haven’t seen a report of this yet…). The thumbnails in the film strip show an incorrect crop area. Small stuff, not crucial. Still loving ART. Thanks for all the great work! Image2|690x561

hmmm… I’ve never seen that. Can you share an arp?

Sure, it happened on a couple of JPGs:

IMG_2417.JPG.arp (10.9 KB)

Seems to happen on JPGs but not on the RAWs I’ve tried.

FYI, should be fixed now – thanks for the report!

Great, thank you. Thanks for all the hard work!