Updated Lensfun, Darktable not reflecting changes

Newest version of Darktable / Linux Mint (Jammy) here.

A lens I have that wasn’t supported in Darktable got support in lensfun earlier this month. I ran both the regular and sudo lensfun-update-data and confirmed that the new calibration data exists in the mil-canon.xml file.

I have several locations on my system where this mil-canon.xml file exists, but the new calibration data for the lens exists in all of these files.

The update to Lensfun brought with it two new supported Canon lenses. One of them is 24mm and the other 28mm. The 28mm is listed in Darktable and the 24mm is not.

What’s even more curious is I had gone thru the steps to create my own calibration data for the 24mm lens and everything seemed to be working until I updated lensfun.

I am aware that any changes you make to the system-wide lensfun files will be overwritten after an update. I am not sure if this information is relative or note, but it dawned on me that I should perhaps mention it.

Any ideas on what’s going on?

“RF 24mm F1.8 MACRO IS STM” will be available for images from “crop sensor” (1.613) camera. The 28mm one will be available for images from full frame cameras.

You’re likely using the flatpak, which bundles its own version of lensfun libraries.

I’m on the ‘regular’ installation. I’ve had too many issues with Snaps and Flatpaks in the past. Good assumption tho because when I did some searching around that is defintely what ends up being the case for people more times than not. Thanks for your response!

This definitely seems to be the case. I feel really silly for overlooking that, especially after having gone thru the steps of making the calibration data myself.

I gotta figure out how to properly submit this data so it can possibly be used in the future.

Thanks so much for your response, you really helped me out big time with your comment.

1 Like