Updating dt git with Manjaro

I have run into problems updating dt on my Manjaro/Arch system. It looks like something has changed in the opensuse.org site that is stopping access.
Has anybody else seen this problem?

[david@david-g5 ~]$ sudo pacman -Syuu
error: graphics_darktable_master_Arch: signature from “graphics:darktable OBS Project graphics:darktable@build.opensuse.org” is unknown trust
:: Synchronizing package databases…
graphics_darktable_master_Arch.db failed to download
error: failed retrieving file ‘graphics_darktable_master_Arch.db’ from download.opensuse.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed to synchronize all databases (failed to retrieve some files)

1 Like

Looks like you need to reimport the key?

1 Like

I flushed and re-imported all the keys but the opensuse key remains invalid. Any ideas?

Going from bad to worse!
Rebuilt the database and after flushing and reimporting the keys I am locked out from importing any version of dt. Hate to do a system flush and rebuild. Ideas would be appreciated. I cannot even install the regular dt version.
[david@david-g5 ~]$ sudo pacman -Syyu
error: graphics_darktable_master_Arch: signature from “graphics:darktable OBS Project graphics:darktable@build.opensuse.org” is unknown trust
:: Synchronizing package databases…
graphics_darktable_master_Arch.db failed to download
error: failed retrieving file ‘graphics_darktable_master_Arch.db’ from download.opensuse.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed to synchronize all databases (failed to retrieve some files)

There are no builds for Arch on Repositories for graphics:darktable:master - openSUSE Build Service
I do not remember if there ever was any, but googling suggests that would require
having a third set of packaging description there.

there used to be arch linux which built e.g. vkdt for arch.

Right, but i’m talking about dt specifically.

I have been pulling the daily git on manjaro for several years … something obviously changed. Anyway I have gone back to opensuse tumbleweed that I used a long time ago and that works just fine.
Thanks all.

Can you at least tell which specific [dt] package version you last installed from that OBS repo [on Arch]?

My understanding of the situation is that Manjaro/Arch does not use the OpenSuse OBS at all but pulls directly from the git and builds.

I have systems running dt. Both Manjaro/Arch and running the current dt git version. I updated the laptop today without problem … see below

Preparing…
Synchronizing package databases…
Refreshing AUR…
Cloning darktable-git build files…
Generating darktable-git information…
Checking darktable-git dependencies…
Resolving dependencies…
Checking inter-conflicts…

Building darktable-git…
==> Making package: darktable-git 4.7.0.r704.g6754a2d4e9-1 (Sun 10 Mar 2024 09:08:33 AM)
==> Checking runtime dependencies…
==> Checking buildtime dependencies…
==> Retrieving sources…
→ Updating darktable git repo…

Running just fine on the laptop. No idea why my system should even be asking for an OBS version.

Anyway, despite the pain of moving distribution, I am up and running dt on my primary system. Problem obviously above my pay-grade

Ok, i’ve lost the train of thought. Your initial question was about OBS-provided repository.

If you are having problems signing keys, run the following commands from a console.

sudo pacman-key --init
sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux manjaro
sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys

If this doesn’t work, start again by adding first.

sudo rm -r /etc/pacman.d/gnupg
sudo pacman -Sy gnupg archlinux-keyring manjaro-keyring

Then update the repositories.

sudo pacman -Syyuu

Manjaro does not use OBS but AUR.
In the package manager preferences (pamac) you need to activate support for it.

You can use pamac-cli, which is more informative if you need to, try.

sudo pamac install darktable-git

Or with yay, (Yet Another Yogurt, an AUR Helper)

yay -S darktable-git

I hope this has been helpful

Many thanks … useful information.
I do have Manjaro back again and with dt.git in place. Eventually I will get OpenCl correctly running (always a bit of a hassle!).

Thank you …

Yes, I think it was a problem with the signing keys. If it should occur again I will keep your solution on hand. In the meantime I have made a total rebuild of my desktop (bit of a nuisance) and I am close to being completed at this time.

I appreciate the feedback … it goes into a reference file … I also hope that I never need it!!