Updating thumbnails in lighttable - remove deleted photos

I deleted some image files in my file manager. When I re-open DT (v4.6) the thumbnails for the deleted photos are still shown in lighttable. Is there a way to refresh lighttable to show only current files?

I presume if you click on one of the images you know to be deleted that this would update lighttable to show skull and cross bone for missing images. I try and delete images from computer using lighttable options to keep the database in order, but this is not always practical.

1 Like

There was this recent addition for windows…

The more windows user that can contribute testing this before 4.8, the best. Add a Windows implementation of the script for removing nonexistent images from the library by victoryforce · Pull Request #16493 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub

The current master is available on the nightly in GitHub Nightly PKG · Workflow runs · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub or via Bill’s weekly: darktable windows insider program 3/24

Typical warnings: backup, backup, backup.

1 Like

I just tested this new script and it worked as designed. I chose to only remove the images from the image library rather than delete just in case anything went wrong. But I had a folder of 94 missing images and it found 94 missing images. Thanks for another nice little improvement to DT.

Terry, Is there a window in the lighttable that controls the action taken by this script?

Yes. The selection module on the right side has the additional feature to select non existing.

1 Like