Using a PSF for sharpening in ART

I see a new sharpening feature has been added to ART. I did a bit of reading on PSF… I you wanted to use this how would you go about coming up with a PSF ?? Maybe only for users that have that for Astro or other special use cases??

Hi,
If you are asking how to measure the PSF of your capturing device, I can’t help you with that, sorry. There are a few papers available online describing some methods, but I don’t know anything about them.
If you are asking for a more “tinkering” approach, you can start with a Gaussian blur and modify it in Gimp to make it non-Gaussian and see what happens (you can load the PSF directly from the PNG file, no need for JSON).
Finally, if you are wondering what this means in practice, it’s probably not worth it :slight_smile: the built-in Gaussian RL deconvolution works just fine and is faster.

HTH

Thanks for your reply. I was just wondering if it was meant in anyway for the average user or just for someone with PSF’s so that they can plug them in to the sharpening…I suspect the later…thanks

Hi,
Are there any good reference sites or articles to know how to use this function?