Using Adobe LCP lens profiles in darktable under macOS

DT doesn’t have the lens profiles I need out of the box. It’s missing Samyang AF 18mm F2.8 FE among other lenses.

I have Adobe DNG Converter installed and I know where the LensProfiles directory is located. Where are the lensfun profiles located? Do I need to install lensfun via brew in order to run lensfun‑convert‑lcp? I’d love to have some steps for accomplishing this on macOS. :slight_smile:

Lensfun profiles in Ubuntu. Search for the file names and you will find them in your OS.

Searching my entire system disk for “lensfun” (files and directories) with find gives me nothing. :confused:

See the docs for lensfun: lensfun: Converting Adobe LCP files to Lensfun: lensfun‑convert‑lcp

Homebrew version of lensfun doesn’t have lensfun-convert-lcp that I can see. When I downloaded the py script it mostly spew error messages.

You’ll need to ask the homebrew packager about that. You can always use a VM of Linux.

Yes, thanks. I will be trying out some distros on an unused machine today. darktable made me do it.