Using G'Mic directly in Blender

I had periodically posted my inquiries about using G’Mic with Blender, some collaboration with Jonathan-David Schröder about how to create a Node in the Compositor. While the “solution” below doesn’t solve that question, it is a work around that I found. He suggested that I share it here for others to stumble upon. The quest continues
I had an inspiration, tried it out, and it worked, straight away! Much to my delight and surprise.
Within Blender, >Edit>Preferences>File Paths I entered C:\Program Files\gmic-2.9.7-qt-win64\gmic_qt.exe into the Preferences.
Then I opened an Image Editor Window, dropped and image into it, then chose View>Edit Externally and SHZaam!! G’Mic opened with the image, and the Filters all work as expected. At the end Blender pops up with a window of the image with a Close or Save As button, not over-writing the already open image.
This demonstrates that there is code already in place, but it is not a node and doesn’t update the image.
At least something works, from within Blender, using G’Mic.

@Paul_Hartsuyker Welcome to the forum! Looks like you are merely launching the standalone G’MIC app.

That is entirely correct, I am "merely’ launching the standalone G’Mic app as you noted, nothing fancy, but it does address bringing the G’Mic functionality into Blender, rather than going to a Photo program. This is in lieu of any implementation of a Node function.
I have posted a YouTube video, although it isn’t that complex, it may help someone.
Blender G’Mic functionality work-around.

Helpful video. (Sometimes the forum embeds the YouTube video…)

Although one has to import the G’MIC result, I guess it is convenient to launch the standalone from Blender.