Using Natron with high DPI monitors

Is there a way to use Natron with 4k or high DPI monitors without having the interface or icons scaling?
This was originally asked by a person in the Natron Discord:

If something like that isnt available yet, something like the DPI setting in Bender User Preferences would also be pretty cool.

windows? linux? someone has to find out how to handle this in Qt4 and implement it in Natron.

Well, it’d be great to have this option on all platforms…
I remember Fabrice Fernandez posted a QSS script on the Facebook group that makes the Natron UI a bit more similar to Nuke’s.
If that’s what you’re talking about when you said qt4 (I have zero knowledge on coding/programming), I’ll ask Fabrice if its possible…

My qss file that makes Natron UI looking closer to Nuke is available for anyone who wants it.

@fabio17 i was talking about modifying the script so it’ll make natron work well with hdpi monitors… If that’s how the script works…

HighDpi is supported in Qt 5 but not in Qt 4. I am afraid that only a a port of Natron to Qt 5 can properly provide HighDpi support.

1 Like

Alright cool… So i guess we’ll just have to wait till its implemented.

Where can we get it?

there are some ways to setup high dpi options

1. set the system enviroment variable to
    QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=1

or you can setup QT_SCALE_FACTOR = 1.5

QT_SCALE_FACTOR [numeric] defines a global scale factor for the whole application, including point sized fonts

all text you can read

1 Like

Thanks!