version 1.5.1 is out

This is mostly a bugfix release, but there are a couple of new features:

• new demosaic methods RCD+bilinear and Amaze+bilinear, replacing RCD+vng4 and Amaze+vng4 (same quality, much faster) [ported from RT]
  • better RAW histogram
  • support for Canon EOS R5 and R6

Thanks to all the people who helped!

13 Likes

Thanks @agriggio

1.5.1 W64 builds for: generic, skylake, znver2 and icelake architectures uploaded at
https://keybase.pub/gaaned92/ART-W64NightlyBuilds

Version: 1.5.1
Branch: master
Commit: 685c1342b
Commit date: 2020-09-12
Compiler: gcc 10.2.0
Processor: generic
System: Windows
Bit depth: 64 bits
Gtkmm: V3.24.2
Lensfun: V0.3.95.0
Exiv2: V0.27.3.1
Build type: release
Build flags:  -m64 -mwin32 -msse2 -mfpmath=sse -mthreads -Wno-aggressive-loop-optimizations -Wno-parentheses -std=c++11 -mtune=generic -Werror=unused-label -fno-math-errno -Wall -Wuninitialized -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-unused-result -fopenmp -Werror=unknown-pragmas  -DNDEBUG  -O3 -ftree-vectorize
Link flags: -m64  -mthreads  -static-libgcc   -mtune=generic  -s  -O3  -fno-use-linker-plugin
OpenMP support: ON
MMAP support: ON
Build OS: Windows
Build date: 2020-09-12T20:01:50Z
2 Likes

Neat. I’m assuming there’s a short lag time for the appimage? Between you and all the work done with darktable recently, I moved on from proprietary products after almost 14 years. It’s been much more enjoyable than I’d have thought. Thank you so much.

The appimage should come tomorrow with the automated build

Just installed it from AUR it’s working fine now.

The processing profiles icons at the top of the right editor panel are not working correctly for me. (i.e. copying or selecting profiles to copy/paste (to/from clipboard), etc. Nothing appears to happen). It appears to occur when there are no changes in the history panel. I’m using the 1.5.1 W64 skylake build. It worked on previous versions of 1.5.

Hi @agriggio, nice to see some changes have been ported, and interesting to see your own take on an improved histogram :+1:

I wanted to try it out for myself, but at the moment I run into a compilation error on MSYS2 with the 685c1342b commit (checkout 1.5.1).

[ 25%] Building CXX object rtengine/CMakeFiles/rtengine.dir/procparams.cc.obj
C:/msys64/home/Roel/art/rtengine/procparams.cc: In member function 'int rtengine::procparams::ResizeParams::get_width() const':
C:/msys64/home/Roel/art/rtengine/procparams.cc:2373:12: error: expected primary-expression before ':' token
 2373 |     case IN: return std::round(ppi * width);
      |            ^
C:/msys64/home/Roel/art/rtengine/procparams.cc: In member function 'int rtengine::procparams::ResizeParams::get_height() const':
C:/msys64/home/Roel/art/rtengine/procparams.cc:2386:12: error: expected primary-expression before ':' token
 2386 |     case IN: return std::round(ppi * height);
      |            ^
C:/msys64/home/Roel/art/rtengine/procparams.cc: In member function 'int rtengine::procparams::ProcParams::save(rtengine::ProgressListener*, bool, rtengine::procparams::KeyFile&, const ParamsEdited*, const Glib::ustring&) const':
C:/msys64/home/Roel/art/rtengine/procparams.cc:3570:34: error: expected unqualified-id before ':' token
 3570 |             case ResizeParams::IN: u = "in"; break;
      |                                  ^
C:/msys64/home/Roel/art/rtengine/procparams.cc: In member function 'int rtengine::procparams::ProcParams::load(rtengine::ProgressListener*, bool, const rtengine::procparams::KeyFile&, const ParamsEdited*, bool, const Glib::ustring&)':
C:/msys64/home/Roel/art/rtengine/procparams.cc:4611:51: error: expected unqualified-id before ';' token
 4611 |                     resize.unit = ResizeParams::IN;
      |                                                   ^
make[2]: *** [rtengine/CMakeFiles/rtengine.dir/build.make:1032: rtengine/CMakeFiles/rtengine.dir/procparams.cc.obj] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:187: rtengine/CMakeFiles/rtengine.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:150: all] Error 2

Any thoughts? @gaaned92 Why does your build work?

FWIW:

Branch: 1.5.1
Processor: undefined
Gtkmm: V3.24.2
Lensfun: V0.3.2.0
Exiv2: V0.27.3
Build type: release
Build flags:  -std=c++11 -march=native -Werror=unused-label -fno-math-errno -Wall -Wuninitialized -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-unused-result -fopenmp -Werror=unknown-pragmas -O3 -DNDEBUG -ftree-vectorize
Link flags:  -march=native
MMAP support: OFF
Build date: 2020-09-13T06:00:04Z

Yes, see agriggio / ART / issues / #119 - MSYS2 build warnings and error with exiv2 v0.27.3 — Bitbucket
I am using now Exiv2_0.27_cxx_standard2_v0.27.2-255-gc51a8aa8-unicode oddly iidentified in the build parameters by V0.27.3.1.

I don’t know if it is really a safe choice.

1 Like

Hi @rtu2000, does copy/paste work when you make some change? In that case, this is probably a regression I introduced recently. Seems like 1.5.1 will be short lived in that case…

Hi @agriggio, indeed, in my configuration neither the copy/paste panel for profiles does not work (Manjaro-Linux). On the other hand the ctrl+c and the ctrl+v works (but on the whole profile, no way to choose the criteria to copy).

Edit: it seems that the operation is random. Sometimes the icons are operational (ctrl+click) and sometimes not? I didn’t find any objective criteria for this…

Compiles fine here

Branch: master
Processor: undefined
Gtkmm: V3.24.1
Lensfun: V0.3.2.0
Exiv2: V0.27.1
Build type: Release
Build flags: -Wno-parentheses -std=c++11 -march=native -Werror=unused-label -fno-math-errno -Wall -Wuninitialized -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-unused-result -fopenmp -Werror=unknown-pragmas -O3 -DNDEBUG -ftree-vectorize
Link flags:  -march=native
MMAP support: ON
Build date: 2020-09-13T08:54:42Z

It may be random, but sometimes it works when changes are made and appear in the history panel. If I then exit out of the editor and open the same image back up with the previous changes saved and no changes in the history, then it doesn’t work. Again, it may just be random, but I’ve observed this on a few images I tried.

should be fixed in 1.5.2, which I’ve just released

1 Like

Looking good, thanks Alberto.

Yes, as I explained, you are using exiv2 V0.27.1and ART build is ok.
Something in Exiv2 v0.27.3, surely some *.h included file, is inducing the build error.

@agriggio @Thanatomanic
The exiv2 commit that s breaks ART windows build seems to be v0.27.3-RC1-157-g7fefeb73

Hi all,
I found another regression (sigh!) in applying DCP profiles without a base table but with a look table. I have therefore just released version 1.5.3. Let’s hope this is the last one of the 1.5.x series…

sorry for the inconvenience

4 Likes

If it were possible to revise the interface a little to make it more airy (like LR or DT or similar) and add a Keywords module “like darktable. It would be really good for the” all in one "user ?

Hi,

I’m afraid I don’t understand what you mean, sorry.

I have no idea how that works and/or what it is supposed to do… can you explain?

Thanks

Bonjour

I am currently working on darktable. Do you think an interface like Lightroom or Darktable is applicable to Art? But I think you have to get used to this interface. Sorry to bother you.

If you prefer Darktable’s layout, you should simply use Darktable. It is different but should let you get similar results as with ART.
Or just get used to it, after a while ART will feel very familiar to you.
I personally prefer RT/ART’s layout than DT’s.

3 Likes