Vignette and crop are not always playing nice together (1.18.1)

Windows 11

I have an image that I’ve cropped severely (which I don’t usually do, but whatever) and then added a vignette. The vignette apparently wasn’t added relative to the crop. I’ve set the strength to max to make it more clear what’s happening.

Here’s the cropped image and the vignette center marker - You can see they don’t agree:

Then if I just disable (but don’t change) the crop tool, I get this, which looks correct:

Then if I re-enable the crop tool but don’t go full screen (F), I get this which once again isn’t correct:

So when it’s not cropped, the center marker agrees with the vignette. When it’s cropped, it doesn’t. However, I also had vignettes on crops work properly. so it might be related to this image (but that’s still kinda a bug, even if so). I restated ART but to no avail.

If you want to try yourself, here’s the (admittedly throwaway) image and my arp file:

IMG_6040.CR3 (30.2 MB)
IMG_6040.CR3.arp (12.1 KB)

Thanks.

Looking at your screenshots (but didn’t try to reproduce yet) it seems that the vignette looks good, it’s just the center coordinates are relative to the uncropped image size, which is indeed weird. I’ll take a look

1 Like