weeklyedit.com down

http://weeklyedit.com/ can not be reached at the moment. Does anyone know what is going on? I like the video tutorials of @harry_durgin very much.

1 Like

Let’s hope that is is just a temporary glitch.
I, too, appreciate - and recommend - his work @harry_durgin.
Until the site is back up again, you can find many of his tutorials here:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=weeklyedit+harry+durgin

Have fun,
Claes in Lund, Sweden

Aloha Claes and Thomas - Mouse here, wife of @harry_durgin

Harry sends his regrets and apologies for not being more obvious in this
move. He’s asked me to go through his correspondence because he’s been
too busy. We’ve shut weeklyedit server down We’ve got too much other
stuff going on right now, and we weren’t giving it the attention it
needs: hurricane season (he’s a necessary part of our island’s weather
awareness), a new business we’ve had to get serious about, and family
needs are all demanding attention.

All the videos are still up on Youtube, as Claes says

a hui hou to all our opensource friends

Mouse (and Harry)

7 Likes

Thanks Mouse! We appreciate the videos as they’re a great resource!

Best of luck in hurricane and business! Hopefully you all will have some free time soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for keeping us informed. We miss you :-)))

Claes in Lund, Sweden

1 Like

Thanks Mouse for keeping us informed. Greetings to Harry! I hope there will be new editing videos some time in the future. Much success with your new business.

All the best,
Thomas

Mouse,

you see, I told you, people are missing you guys :slight_smile:

Meanwhile I figured, Harry is also active in vulcano eruption observation and prediction, if I got that right…

Cheers from DE

Axel

Yes, we do miss @harry_durgin! In fact, we’d also love to host the bits from weekly edit so people could still have them. There were some very useful scripts, the LAB cold reference, etc etc.

1 Like

I didn’t think anyone would notice…

I am so sorry to cause problems. I had many servers and only 1 with no problems, the one without wordpress :wink: Our lives have taken a change and we seem to be constantly occupied these days, so I have moved away from computer work and am focusing on photography. I took down all but the 1 server and didn’t move weeklyedit over because it’s all wordpress. But I’ve been convinced to revive it, and I think it’s working (or mostly working) again.

We’ve been learning so much about the business end of photography, marketing, amazon, shipping, printing, making frames and stretcher bars. When things settle down I want to do a big series and share all that we’ve learned over the past 1/2 year. In the mean time, I’ll do my best to keep the weeklyedit site up and keep my nose to the grindstone. :slight_smile:
Thanks for all the encouragement

12 Likes

Certainly not a problem! Life happens to all of us, and it’s happening in a good way it sounds like.

We can certainly help you with the hosting stuff (especially if you’d be willing to move to a static site generator!), we’re already doing quite a bit of it, that way you can focus on what you need to.

I think we all just enjoyed what you were doing :wink:

1 Like

Nice to read you and have some news Harry and thank you for everything you shared to apprehend darktable.

Dear Harry,
Dear Mouse,

nothing to appologize.

Like I also said in the priv eMail, everything I can do today in DT is because of you Harry (and Robert Hutton). You created such a valuable site with all the usefull links, youtube cannot compete.

Please don’t over stress your self. Stay healthy and we will wait patiently for your wonderfull attitude and way to explain things brilliantly, as soon you will find time for it. At least I can say this for me :slight_smile:

Cheers
Axel

While we wait for Harry to bring back his great website, you can see an archived copy from September on the Internet Archive Wayback Machine (Home Page - Weekly Edit)

We would still be happy to host the site :slight_smile:

2 Likes

+1 to this

any news. I need those 27 tutorials that were transcribed. I assume those are the starter tutorials. I work with darktable (10 module at least) but don’t know the intricacies of it and want to learn

Perhaps the Way back Machine can be of service: Home Page - Weekly Edit

nope… didn’t work. the text was there but the video was unavailable (not the transcription text)

You can match the text to the videos, which are still on youtube.

the transceiption is not there