Welcome the Lightzone Project!

Everyone please take a moment to welcome the folks from the LIghtzone team!

A long-running image processing project with an interesting approach, it’s wonderful to have them aboard! They have a category here:

And from the recent release announcement:

The developer Masahiro Kitagawa @ktgw0316 just joined and dropped in to say hello! Please make them feel welcome. :tada: :wave:

(edit: small fix for bad url)

27 Likes

@ktgw0316 Welcome! :partying_face:

2 Likes

LightZone broke my brain, but I have never had better results in monochrome than when I used it.

Welcome!

1 Like

@ktgw0316 , thank you for joining and welcome here.

1 Like

When I went to the website at first it wanted to install a Firefox addon (but I didn’t). Now it doesn’t come up for me at all. I get this instead:

What the above person has said. I didn’t install the Firefox addon either.

I tried to buy the domain but couldn’t.

2 Likes

The correct domain for the project right now is:

I’ll work with the team to get the domain and website stuff sorted out in a while (I’ve got to clear some other things off my plate first).

1 Like

Welcome!

Welcome from me too, @ktgw0316 ! Good luck with the project too. I need to find out more about it!

2 Likes

This is great news.

Welcome Masahiro!

1 Like

As far as I understood the history of Lightzone, the original authors have lately vanished and didn’t answer any email, and let the domain go. I’m glad @ktgw0316 forked the project and started bug fixing. I found his Release only beginning this year 2022. Sadly the executable was half working on my mac (Monterey). It starts, but misses a lot of icons, Photo refresh is laggy and tiles are missing. Well, I guess there is a lot to do :slight_smile:

By the way there is another (not that old) fork of Lighzone where @ktgw0316 is also participating. I suppose we should also invite Aries85 ? GitHub - Aries85/LightZone: LightZone is a photo editor for Mac, Windows, and Linux.

Great news @patdavid ! I used this interesting converter several times in the past. It seems to have involved since then :+1:
Welcome @ktgw0316 ! Nice to see this software still being in development!

1 Like

@patdavid, just thinking if it might be an idea to edit the post where you mention the category to remove the www.lightzoneproject.org to stop people from clicking on the link - if they haven’t read the posts they won’t know they should go there any more with that site being defunct.

1 Like

With this new thread here, I’ll share from the thread I originally posted on a couple of post that I find relevant for those unfamiliar with LZ. Also, I found that Lightzone had a presence on Twitter and while inactive for some time, it is still there. Here are the post that may be helpful:
Old Forum on Wayback Machine
YouTube Tutorials

1 Like

Done! The old category description was still cached for some reason. I’ve also modified your post to use backticks ` around the url to avoid the auto-link. Thanks!

1 Like

No problem - thanks for the quick fix!

I’ve known it for a long time and sometimes I’ve tried to use it even if I’ve never looked into it.
Welcome.

glad to be here and know that LZ is still alive!

regards,

sattva

1 Like

Hello Masahiro Kitagawa,

Hope all is well. Writing in to check for any updates on the LightZone program?

Kind regards,
Sattva