What about all the other files within my photos? (eg. pp3)

I use Version 0.4.x on ubuntu and tryed an update to the 0.9.xb4 version.
How is it possible to copy or move other than picture files with the same filename? So if there is an image9094.jpg and an image9094.pp3 (or image9094.whatever) file, could they move in the same way as the picture?
So the e.g the folder structure:
Year/month/date/time/yearmonthdaytime_image9094.jpg
Year/month/date/time/yearmonthdaytime_image9094.xmp
Year/month/date/time/yearmonthdaytime_image9094.pp3
Year/month/date/time/yearmonthdaytime_image9094.whatever
exitst after that?
And die source folder is compled empty after the download?

No it’s not possible. It sounds like you want a general purpose file renamer. Search for “linux file rename utility” on Google or your favorite search engine.

Hi there,

No it’s not possible. It sounds like you want a general purpose file
renamer.

No, not at all. I look for an Application that, if it pick my picturefiles, move the sidecars and all other necessarie files (which has the same Filename but another extension) too.

Search for “linux file rename utility” on Google or your
favorite search engine.

Thank you for that information. At the moment i use my own tool. But it would be great to do it all in one tool. (renameing and moving)

Speaking of handling sidecar files (which IMHO a DAM program should support), digiKam finally has a patch for that:
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=193232#c24

Rapid Photo Downloader has the name for a reason: it’s meant to download (import) photos and videos from devices like cameras and memory cards onto your computer, with the option to rename them and back them up. That’s it.

You’re looking for a program to rename files you’re already worked on, which is perfectly reasonable. There are many programs that do that for you. Or you can write your own, if you know how.

@Morgan_Hardwood After reading the entire history of that bug report, I feel congratulations are in order. You can delete your annual reminder now :smiley:

1 Like

I find that feature requests are far more effective when filed from the precipice of an active volcano, during a full moon, preceded by chanting and the ceremonious casting in of a mountain goat.

1 Like