What is the propoer syntax of gmic apply_video

I am trying to apply a gmic filters using apply_video option of gmic utility .

./gmic --apply_video small.mp4,’-denoise 30,10’ -o convert.avi

I am getting error messages in console which looks like this.

[gmic]-0./ Start G’MIC interpreter. [gmic]-0./ Apply command ‘small.mp4,-denoise 30,10’ on video stream ‘’, with output filename ‘’, first frame 0, last frame -1 and frame step 1. [gmic] * Error in ./apply_video/*local/*substitute/ * Command ‘-basename’: Undefined argument ‘$1’, in expression ‘$1’ (for 2 arguments specified). [gmic] Command ‘-basename’ has the following description:

-basename:
file_path,_variable_name_for_folder

Return the basename of a file path, and opt. its folder location.
When specified 'variable_name_for_folder' must starts by an underscore
(global variable accessible from calling function).

so what is the correct syntax for gmic --apply_video ?

Maybe :

$ gmic -w -apply_video input_video.mp4,\"-denoise 30,10\",0,-1,1,output_video.avi

?

./gmic -apply_video small.mp4,\"-denoise 30,10\",0,-1,1,small.mp4
I tried this command and output was still some error.
[gmic]-0./ Start G'MIC interpreter. [gmic]-0./apply_video/ *** Error *** Command '-check': Expression 'isint(-1) && -1>=0 && isint(1) && (1>=0 || 1==-1) && small.mp4>=1' is false (and no file with this name exists).

I suspect you are probably using an older version. This command line works for me.
Could you try it with latest version 1.7.5, to see if that fixes your problem ?
Thanks.

I tried with latest version 1.7.5 And got output, but it was of 0 KB size.
I tried with different files unfortunately ,the results were same .

Ah, that may be a problem with the OpenCV library then (which is used to manage video files).
Are you using gmic on Linux, Windows ?
Any information about your configuration that could help ?

Linux box ,cent os

May I ask how you compile the gmic tool ? Have you used some pre-compiled packages or did it yourself ?
Have you enabled the OpenCV flags when compiling ? Have you ffmpeg installed in case for the failback function ?
As video management relies on these two tools, I try to understand the possible reasons why this doesn’t work for you.

I used the precompiled gmic tool .that can be run from the shell directly .I didn’t enable any of these tools manually , i will check if these tools are readily available in my os installation