What's your favorite (Linux/Cinnamon) image viewer?

Hi, what’s your favorite image viewer under Linux (Cinnamon)?
Just seen that Pix apparently does not do color management well - so I am looking for an alternative. Important is good color management, simplicity, speed, and good integration in Cinnamon.
I used to use XnView(MP), but the UI scaling is not good (any more for me) - fonts in the menu appear rather small on my screen.
Actually I am looking for something like XnView but with a better UI.
Thanks in advance
b

geeqie.

If I were on Cinnamon and their repository didn’t have it, I’d compile it. I don’t usually do that (anymore…), but I like it that much.

2 Likes

Second vote for geeqie. Been using it for years and it is good.

3 Likes

Yes geeqie is step one in my workflow. It’s a fast digital contact sheet. Select a thumbnail to view it. Dropdown plugins->rawtherapee and edit it. Then have rawtherapee ship the edited tif version off to gimp2.10 empowered with G’mic. Thank you developers.

I do a lot of focus stacking. I don’t spend time worrying about the ideal start and stop focus points anymore. I shoot from too far back to too far forward. Then view the RAW stack in geeqie, in large format, and erase all the totally out of focus exposures at start and end of the stack. Then batch edit. Then stack. Geeqie is essential.

1 Like

geeqie!

It’s a pity it doesn’t have better integration with darktable. I would love to be able tag pictures in a same way I could in a darktable or give rankings/color. For me it’s a part of my workflow.

geeqie is very extensible via .desktop files. its just a matter of writing to the correct darktable tag via something like exiv2/exiftool

geeqie looks good. Thanks for the answers.
Anybody other/more suggestions?

I’ve used gwenview on a KDE Plasma setup, and it is also quite nice.

1 Like

I use digikam and Gwenview. Gwenview is probably KDE only though.
I have used geeqie too. It is very functional and does amazing job but it does not look pretty. That was the only reason I stopped using it :slight_smile: -

i’mma try out this geeqie.